Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

I have a BE with a concentration in controls and an MSME concentration in mechatronics. I worked in automotive automation (Caterpillar), worked on some automotive sensing for a small silicon valley company, and worked for a medical device company that worked on projects mostly contracted out by big companies like Ethicon, etc.

I got bored and hated working for the medical device company (mostly because they had me on straight mechanical testing for a device that was a giant piece of crap and they wanted me to fudge the results....but I digress), so I left that job and decided to go back to school and take a bit of a new slant to things. Time shall tell if I made the correct move, I guess.

Salary was always pretty good for me, in a large part because of the schools I went to. It does make a difference if you are just coming out of school to have those schools be reputable. Go to the best school you can get into.

If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have taken that medical devices job so my bit of advice is to wait for a job that actually seems fun and will be something you look forward to doing, not one that offers you an obscene amount of money to be bored to tears and to fib on documents for the FDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU