Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action_Bastard
Nov 26, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm a BSE from UMich, working on my Master's now . . . really looking forward to leaving academia. From what I've learned, graduate education is 90% daily grind of managing your own research project, and 10% frantic work trying to figure out the math and theory of what you're doing.
Anyone know good companies in Michigan looking for a very hands-on engineer with experience in Mg and Ni alloy fatigue and production of fine grain ceramic materials? Wish I could tell you more about actual work, bro.

BeefofAges posted:

a sig with an interesting picture
BeefofAges: why is the University of Michigan MIMS symbol holding guns in your sig?

E:

Necc0 posted:

switching to business or some other easier major
Actually I've seen a lot of engineers and IOE's especially go get their MBA and do very well with it. If you asked them, I don't think they'd tell you it was the easy route. Yes to grover though, I've seen a bunch of investment banks on campus recruiting engineers just because we think analytically, and so aren't prone to some of the same kinds mistakes that other majors might make when put into management positions. Of course, we're prone to other mistakes.

Action_Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU