Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krispydude
Oct 21, 2008
I'm 27 and am going back to school for ChemE. I talked to my uncle (who is married with 2 kids) who recently went back at 33 to get a ME degree. My aunt was able to support them while he went back to school and he loves his job now. I however, would like to continue working while going to school. I work for a family business doing insurance work for a flooring company. My hours at work can be flexible if need be and would still like to work around 40 hours if possible. I'll be transferring about 64 credits in to the engineering program so that helps a little bit I guess. What will it be like taking 3-4 classes a semester and working 40 hours? My fiance and I don't go out too much besides the occasional Happy Hour, so there is plenty of time for studying and homework.

I was hoping if a few of the ChemE guys that have popped in to this thread could provide some info on the career itself. Day to day activties, your current job description or past ones, likes/dislikes, stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU