Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Life's about greasing the 'do back, buddy, and wheezin' on the buff-fest
At my university, Chevron and Exxon have put a 3.5 minimum to interview with them in Chemical Engineering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Stup posted:

B.S. Chemical Engineer here. Currently working in China for an American company!

Tell me more. I graduate next May and am looking for a job outside the US for a while before I settle down with a family.

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Anyone have any suggestions for a Chemical Engineer going through the whole job-search? Senior, Auburn University, 3.4 GPA. Definitely interested in the oil industry (interviewed with Exxon a couple of days ago, but I'm afraid my GPA might be too low.) Co-op experience (Paper-mill).

Any companies to consider?

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yeah DuPont seems like a good one to get my foot in the door with a Co-Op, but this particular one is located in the rear end-end of nowhere (ever heard of New Johnsonville, Tennessee?), which sounds like off the job time could get miserable. The Ergon and Ascend Performance are the ones I really have my eye on (Oil refining and nylon precursor manufacturing, respectively).

Where are you located? I just interviewed with Ascend last week, and I interview with Ergon next week. Full time Chem-E positions.

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Senior Chemical Engineer here, just received an offer (my first! :dance:) from Michelin. Anyone have any experience with them?

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Just giving an update on my previous post: I accepted a job at Michelin today!

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Dead Pressed posted:

Cool beans, congratulations. You going in for Michelin or one of their subsidiaries (BF Goodrich)? Where are they putting you?

It's for Michelin. I'm doing what they refer to as "Pipeline Engineer," where I'll train for 5-7 weeks, then they'll place me at the place that needs me the most. Hopefully I get put somewhere in South Carolina; Alabama and Oklahoma don't sound too appealing. I'm a Chemical Engineering major, graduating in less than a month. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

dxt posted:

I've been getting the occasional interview. Some of them have gone really well, only to have me lose out to someone else with actual experience :negative:

Experience has been huge for me and my friends that are graduating. One friend has no experience, and can barely land an interview. A couple of places wouldn't take his resume at our career fair.