Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I royally hosed myself hard the last two semesters and dropped my GPA to ~2.25 at the end of my sophomore year. Because of this I've no hope of getting any kind of intern/coop because every one I see requesting Nuclear Engineering has minimum GPA requirements that I don't meet. Should I just switch majors now, or try to claw my way back up and hope that by the end of the next 2/3 years I'll be an attractive candidate for a job?

I just really don't want to work my rear end off in this awesome major if at the end I'll have to look outside the field for any kind of employment. Does anyone have any advice for this stupid kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Well I talked to a couple of my professors and it seems like my best shot at any kind of research or work experience is in the astronomy department, which is not bad at all. Hopefully I can work on something at least tangentially associated with my degree. Anyone know what kinds of things I might want to avoid though? I know someone in the Astronomy Ask/Tell got duped into a semester of coding some horrible old math program and nothing else.