Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ya dangus
Jul 2, 2006
Senior Civil Engineering student here. I've got a 3.6 GPA, attend North Carolina State, and will be graduating next semester. I would like to continue my education as soon as possible, but I am torn between pursuing the MBA or the MSCE/MSE.

Unfortunately I do not have any internship or real world experience, (I transferred from a community college during Sophomore-year and opted to take slightly larger course loads and summer classes to catch up) so I am afraid I do not have a good feel for "real world" engineering work. The opinions of my professors seem to be somewhat split down the middle when it comes to going for the MBA or MSCE right outside of the BSCE in regards of opening myself up for the most opportunity or getting myself on a satisfying career path. I know that I want to work with/interact people and not be stuck in a closet designing my entire life. Sometimes I feel like I may have belonged more within the psychology track, but then I'd miss out on crushing concrete cylinders or tearing steel beams apart. I'm registered to take the FE this weekend and the GMAT and GRE next week.

Anyone have experience with going for the MBA right away rather than waiting? Or has anyone participated in one of the dual MBA/MSE programs a few schools offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU