Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adahn the nameless
Jul 12, 2006
Anybody know anything about what an Engineering/Applied Physics degree opens up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adahn the nameless
Jul 12, 2006

NeverOddorEven posted:

Just about anything you would want to do. You can do grad school is just about any subject that is business/science/engineering. You can also do any sort of job in those fields if you can convince the hiring guy you can do it.

I was a CS major that went to EE that ended up in physics. This is pretty much the exact opposite direction that is normally gone. Usually it goes EE to CS to MiS. My internship was with a giant finance company getting paid 20/hour

I meant a master's in applied Physics. I have a B.A is Physics, but I'm not finding much with it.

Adahn the nameless
Jul 12, 2006

Corrupted posted:

Unfortunately there is a bit of difference between a BA and BS in physics. Regardless, I think it may be hard without going above the bachelor's in that field.

Yeah, unfortunately I know. But what I'm asking is: With a Master's in Applied/Engineering Physics, what kinds of jobs are open to me?