Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

I got the reaper master series paints from the Bones II kickstarter and a couple of the paints are...chunky? Despite furious shaking and needle-poking, I can't get them to squirt out of the dropper tip. When I open them up, the paint has the consistency of a milkshake; kind of grainy. I'm not sure if some colors just tend to separate from one another or if they're dried up duds.

One of the colors is "Elf Flesh" and the other I can't remember the name of but it's a stony grey color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

I got like 80 of their paints in a trade some months back and that was the case with a few of them. My answer to that was to get a coffee stirrer or the end of a paint brush or whatever and stir the poo poo out of the paint, adding a drop or two of thinner in there (50/50 mix of water and Pledge Floor Wax with Future Shine, but water will work in a pinch). Sticking a drill bit in from the top to break the plastic seal also helps, because the stopper end of their bottles will clog up like mad.

Stick an agitator in there too. Glass bead, plastic BBs, or the metal tabs from pewter miniatures work. Shake them like mad afterwards, and before each use, and you should be fine. If you don't want to go through the effort you can always contact Reaper and tell them you got some bad paints, they should be able to work things out with you on that.

Thanks for the tips. I'm a little wary of adding water to the bottle since Bones don't do well with water, though, I probably wouldn't prime anything with elf flesh.

• Locked thread