Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!
I am adding Rough riders to a Vostroyan army, and since Attillans are discontinued I opted for DRK with a similar palette. I think they fit thematically but look a little off, since GW miniatures have such exaggerated proportions. BTW I also gloss all my minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!
Slightly better image.

also could someone give me tips on highlighting with gold? I am having a tough time with the new GW paints, they seem way too "gummy"?

mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!
Wow, I really like those! I have been thinking about swapping heads with extra sergeants I have lying around, but the price tag on the Forge world minis makes me hesitant to convert them. Seeing the end product helps a lot.

mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!

Fearless posted:

Those look great, but if you're looking to make them look a little more outlandish, perhaps a helmet crest would do the trick. One running up and down the spine of it should do well.

I like that idea, the narrative I was running in my head was that the RR had helmets and armor, etc. befitting their role, I was looking at old cuirassier images and they had crests I like. Those should be easy to add even after painting. Thanks!

• Locked thread