Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

get ready to read some badposts b*tch!! - fdr to hitler, 1972
For you scrubs that don't go on EoW, and because I'm a major attention whore

Chaplain

Assault Squad with the then unpainted Chaplain chilling in the background

Tac Squad 1

Tac Squad 2

Legion of the Damned

Dreadnought

The full 1000 point crew!

C&C always welcome!

EDIT: Re-uploaded a couple of non-working links.

A Powerful Cream fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Holy gently caress guy above me, those are incredible.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Crosspostin' from notorious G.B.S:

I was pretty displeased with these initially, but I think they turned out alright in the end. The capes and guns are probably the areas most lacking, but I don't think I can bring myself to do any part of these again since I'm a lazy gently caress so I'm calling them done. C&C welcome!

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Saw this in the gibbus thread but I'm posting here to say that is quite clever (+ a great use of old sprues) and may get stolen by me at some point in the future :ninja:.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Mentors[/timg]

Best thing about taking pictures? Before I looked at this picture, I considered this guy fully primed.

What rules are you using for your mentors in a guard army? Regular space marine rules? Daemonhunter auxillaries?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Angryboot posted:

Having never painted minis before I think I'm finally beginning to figure out this shading/highlighting/blending business:

Now I get to do that 14 times and make sure I pay some attention to the rest of the dude too and not just the head. One of these days I'll grow some will power and stop buying poo poo because you nerds keep posting them >:(

Holy gently caress are these your first minis ever?!?

Those are really loving good.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Whoa, that's a fuckin' rad conversion.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Does anyone have any nice begginer guides to green-stuffing?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Posted in gibbus but didn't get many replies so I figured here might be good

A Powerful Cream posted:

So guys... I need some help.

I just wrapped up my rhino and I had run out of red gore during the basecoating stage but still ended up getting 2 coats out of it. I swear to god I thinned my paints and everything but look what came out of it:

This thing looks loving horrible on camera and I was actually pretty pleased with it in person :smith:. Is there any way to fix this outside of repainting the entire model?

It isn't really noticeable in room lighting without closer inspection but Christ does that pic show some horrible uneven coverage.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Gibbus crosspost:

Here is my sergeant finished, did this guy intermittently between watching the ever so rare NBA broadcasts to Australia. I'm pretty happy with him, wish I owned a few more colours but I think he looks nice, all things considered (especially after that rhino)

C&C welcome as always (drill ur barrels)

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

bhsman posted:

Plastic glue also sucks if worst comes to worst and you want to completely redo an army and get the bits separated. But I mean who would do that, right? :kiddo:

Expect some pictures in a week

Until I see some results I'm going to resent you for doing that to your army :colbert:

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Gee-bee-ess crosspost:

Alright warhams, here's the deal my friend has given me this:

And these:

(CSM termie HF)
(what I think is the LS's original MM)

To make a land speeder for my marines (temporarily nicknamed the House of the Rising Sun)

There are several issues here that I need to adress:

1. Paint may need to be stripped, though I'm not so sure because the black at least looks like it was done with just undercoat and is not thick at all. I may just end up replacing the marine heads, and respraying it out of laziness.

2. There is no mount for the gunner MM

3. There is no mount for the hull HF

4. There is no flying base

5. There is no crazy anti-grav fork

Now the only solutions that I've thought up so far are: to manually construct a mount for the MM; to clip the stubby remains of the anti-grav fork and trim the HF down and stick it there; and finally to plead to one of you to give me a base/order three from GW direct (just one is impossible).

What do you guys think of these semi-solutions and do you have any better ones (I'm sure you do, you smug fucks)?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

If it's any consolation that made me pop a figurative boner (pun intended).

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

|
|
|
|
|
V

Still WIP in that I'm waiting for the multi-melta and maybe a base (might have to make this myself) to arrive from the man formerly known as A Gross Bug.

It is a bit clumpy since I didn't strip it but nothing too bad in my opinion and it isn't exactly a centerpiece model anyway, I'm reasonably pleased with how it came out.

I feel like I should be putting a sun embelem on the vehicle somewhere but there isn't really an area I can think of other than the shoulders of the marines.

C&C? :ohdear:

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

!amicable posted:

...seriously?

How about the nose of the thing? It might be a bit crowded with the eagle there already, but that's where I would try. Or a fin, the only issue is that you are going to deal with the groove on there.

I generally do the sun on a yellow area so I might throw it on one of the fins, I just wish I could put it somewhere symmetrical to satisfy my sudden OCD.

!amicable posted:

On a side note: I hate (assembling) this model and I hate flying bases.

This landspeeder has the hole for the flying base completely filled in with super glue :cry:

Thanks for the rest of the advice!

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Anyone got some cool newbie terrain guides (maybe a few to go in da OP). Me and my friend usually play with books and other bullshit as terrain and it's kind of unsatisfying so I'd like to try and make something.

I'd prefer guides that can teach me to do things with household materials so I don't have to leave my house to face the harsh sunlight.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Well with my basing scheme I guess an industrial complex makes the most sense, but really anything! Craters, bare/patchy trees, crates/supplies, noxious goo pools etc.

I guess I could just try experimenting with various containers I have around my house (waste barrels from dried up paint containers?) but having something to go off might be a good start, and the OP needs some terrain poo poo anyway!

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Zarkov Cortez posted:

http://ironhands.com/gothic.htm

Holy poo poo, these are amazing, they seem a little bit complicated but I think I'm game to give them a crack, for better or worse!

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

theironjef posted:

So excited for upcoming Tyranids! I can't wait to finally get my hands on a decent brood of Gargoyles, and the Trygon looks fantastic!

This is the wrong place though, can anyone point me to the 40k thread?

In this very same sub-forum, cackling madly with its dying breath.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

On another note... I am going to start a Chaos Space Marine army. Should I get the Battleforce or Renegade Strike Force? Which one will gain me more in the long run?

edit: and I would love to see some sexy chaos sm ideas thrown around... if anyone has any sweet links that would be cool :smug:

If I was an SDW regular, I would tell you to do Slaanesh.

You should still do Slaanesh though.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

Hive Mind don't preach,
I'm in trouble deep,
Hive Mind don't preach,
I've been losing biologically engrained hibernation cycles,
But I've made up my mind, I'm keeping my 3d6 Termagaunts.

Tervigon 1 essentially done aside from the Scything Talons which just have a few base coats of Red Gore. Some touch-ups and highlights to do. Now it's onto some termagaunts while I await my Trygon and Venomthropes...

That's fantastic. Are the birthing sacs just green stuff?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

3rding red bolter casings. I'd also suggest bleached bone washed with sepia for the chest eagles.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

The Saddest Robot posted:

God every time I see this loving picture I cringe.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Alright folks, I need some serious feedback here. This is my first attempt at sculpting. The idea was to add some fur to my old metal hive tyrant in an attempt to make him more ice world-y and have him match the gorgeous carnifex Gross Bug on EW did for me.

Does it look like fur? I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I'm pleased with my first effort, but on the other hand it is much finer than the fur bug did, and in my opinion looks less realistic.

Any suggestions? Does it looks awful? Should I get rid of it and start fresh?

E: Well it's a bit hard to make out in the pic, I'll try and reshoot it tomorrow but I'll leave this pic here for now for anyone with keen eyes.

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

For making your own wash, what's the paint to water ratio?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

A Powerful Cream posted:

For making your own wash, what's the paint to water ratio?

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

Fyrbrand posted:

j/k obviously, snow bases own, 4:20 base in snow every day

:respek:

Even though I've based literally one mini so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Powerful Cream
Jun 25, 2009

That's absolutely beautiful dude, where is that model from?

• Locked thread