Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm looking at a new Altima or Camry with a sunroof, leather seats, and upgraded audio system. I've test driven both and like the Altima slightly better, but would be happy with both.

My questions:
1) Other than out the door price, financing, and insurance rates, is there anything else major I should consider when deciding between these?

2) My first offer from Nissan is $336 under Invoice and $27 under market price. It feels like I can get another $500-$1k off to close the deal. Should I be pushing for more?

3) I found out that I qualify for the college grad rebate due to being a slacker and graduating in just shy of a decade. Should I bring this up during negotiations or is it ok to bring it up when the rest of the price has been negotiated?

4) The Nissan salesman has stated they can remove the "Moonroof Wind Deflector" there since the closest model they have in stock has it and no models are close to the options I want without it. He claims there will be no issues and I won't be able to tell. Is this true or is he just trying to close the deal?

5) The Toyota salesman states they can add the "Smart Key System" there after purchase since the closest model he found to what I want does not have it. I'm concerned about the warranty since it does not come with the car as well as installation quality. Am I overreacting or should I tell him to keep looking and find what I want?

6) Finances: I had Nissan run my credit report and since I haven't used a credit card or had a loan of any kind since 2003 or 2004 the report comes back and says I have no credit score. I'm currently looking to put down $8k and finance $16k that I will pay off in the next year. Other than my bank and/or local credit union, who else should I speak to about financing? I do have ~5 years of on time rent payments. What range of interest rates should I expect to find for my situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU