Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Hi, I want to drive a luxury saloon car from California to Alaska with 3 friends in summer. I did it once on a tiny dirt bike and I want the totally opposite experience. I want tons of room front and back, comfortable interior, a quiet ride, a smooth engine, a soft suspension. I want it to look and feel as luxurious as possible inside and out. I will probably only own it for a few months before the trip, then sell it shortly after. It has to be reliable enough to make 5000 miles without breaking down. It should have a large engine, but does not need to. I realize what gas costs in Canada, but I kind of want to be able to slow the earth's rotation when I hit the gas pedal.

Proposed Budget: $12,000
New or Used: Used
Body Style: 4-door long wheelbase
Planned ownership: 0.5-1 year

So far I have looked at 80s and 90s European sedans since their cost of maintenance destroys their resale value. I would buy a lower mileage one with great records and a full inspection. Audi A8, Mercedes 300SE, Mercedes 560SEL, Mercedes 600 SEL, VW Phaeton were on the list. I've also considered a Lincoln Towncar, Cadillac Deville, and Lexus LS400. I just think all of those look like poo poo.

So far the Mercedes 300SE and Lexus LS400 seem like the most rational choices. However, this is not the most rational plan and so I am option to all possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU