Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

necrobobsledder posted:

However, due to relatively low depreciation of mainstream Japanese cars, it may be possibly worth buying these vehicles new because you'll know how it's been treated until then.

There's something to be said about people who buy Toyotas and Hondas who believe they will never have to maintain the car because "it just runs." If a person did buy a used Honda or Toyota, they absolutely cannot skip having the car looked at by a mechanic. Plenty of them get run right into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Boogeyman posted:

Just in case anyone is looking for financing on a used car, and hasn't managed to hear about Pentagon Federal at some point in this subforum, you may want to check them out. They offer 3.99% on used cars (with a few restrictions on mileage and age), and you choose how long you want to take to pay back the loan (one to five years). They say you have to be a family member of someone who was in the military (I am), but you can also just make a small donation to the NMFA.

I bought an Envoy a few months ago to replace my Camaro and PenFed was very easy to work with. I filled out an online app telling them what the loan amount would be and how long I wanted it for, they ran my credit, and I had a check in the mail within a week. I took the check to the dealership, found the car I wanted, had the finance guy fill in the info on the check, and that was that. The only other thing I had to do was sign a couple documents they mailed to me after the check was cashed.

All in all, financing through PenFed was a dream compared to working with the assholes at the dealership like I've done in the past.

How long have you used PenFed? I've always known them as a lender who only takes the cream of the prime at those rates unless you have a long history with them or a premium credit rating.