Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

KillHour posted:

I think the OP should consider this lovely yellow Fiat 595

If I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to burn in making my own Fiat Ship of Theseus, I would too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

other people posted:

I totally agree that the reduced airbump is terrible. That's like 80% of the car's charm!

I have almost been charmed by the suzuki ignis but the trunk space is miniscule and the interior looks a bit too sparse for my taste.

Hello, Ignis (2018) owner here. The Ignis was the first car I owned that was made this century, so I may be a bit biased, but I really love it, because it was exactly what I wanted: a small city car that you can maneuver anywhere. It can fit into any space and parking is a breeze. I'm usually driving through small, one lane roads with scooters lined up on both sides and I couldn't imagine doing that in a bigger car (even though I do see people doing it, they are better drivers than I.) The space in the back is good for 4 and should fit most car seats no problem. It also gets great gas mileage, so I'm filling up the tiny, tiny gas tank once a month. The climate control is easy to use and not connected to the touch screen, which I consider a plus. And, you know...it's cheap, even the more expensive model. One of the cheapest new cars out there in most places. So cheap I bought the whole thing outright. And I haven't had any issues or repairs yet - and even if you do, Suzuki repairs are supposed to be cheap.

The cons are:

Trunk space. There is very little, even when putting the back seats down, and the 4-seater AWD model has even less (I don't have that one, not offered in my country.) Hard to put a family of 4's luggage all in there. I couldn't fit my new TV in there (65 in), but I could fit the old one (40-in).

Lack of amenities. Mine didn't come with roof handles. It doesn't even have a center armrest (I bought an aftermarket one that sits on the center cup holder.) It has that weird umbrella pocket over the glove box that doesn't seem to fit any umbrellas I own. I didn't even get a trunk light. I guessing some of this stuff would be standard in Europe, but...well not everywhere is Europe. Everything is hard plastic. The seats are not that comfy for long drives - the longest I spent was 2 and a half hours and I was starting to get bent out of shape, and I'm not a big guy.

Soundproofing. Over 100 kph and it gets LOUD. This car was not designed for long highway driving. You can hear the radio pretty clearly when standing outside of the car, playing at medium volume.

So I would say get a test drive of it or maybe wait until next year's model comes out. I don't think any of the interior is changing but they're changing the grill and getting rid of the big black bumper piece. If you're doing alot of highway driving, then its probably a pass.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=560449148

I would be really interested to know what happened to this car between it getting sold (possibly in 2018?) and being repossessed with 63 miles on it this March.

https://jalopnik.com/why-are-there-so-many-used-red-genesis-g70s-with-under-1844724389

This, but for blue?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

knox_harrington posted:

You're pretty much in ideal hybrid territory. Also if you have a garage and/or charging at work have you considered an EV? A used Hyundai Kona would be in range.

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/hyundai-kona-advantage-elektro-2wd-elektro-schwarz-64a3a63c-d708-4c92-990a-f49c456d9ad0

I think a Zoe would be in the price range, even if its because you're leasing the battery or something to make the initial price cheaper.

https://www.nettiauto.com/renault/zoe/11697450

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DanTheFryingPan posted:

My mom and grandma both have somewhat similar issues where they need a tall car with a higher seat to get in and out comfortably. I have a Mazda CX-30 and it was occasionally doable, but neither of them would want to live with that car. Even though crossovers have a higher seating position, the inside isn't necessarily any taller. Also pay attention to how much the door opens.

My mom still has her old Toyota Yaris Verso which is the perfect model for her, but it's from 2005 and she's been looking at replacements. She's sat in, and liked or found tolerable the following: Kia Soul, VW Touran, Toyota Verso, Toyota Corolla Verso. VW Golf Plus is doable but not the best. Caveat is that these are EU models.

I think this thread also recommended Ford B-Max back when I was asking about this exact topic, but not sure if that model is available in your region.

Is the Toyota Sienta not available in Europe? It seems like that would be a good fit. Seems like most of the taxis in Taiwan have been changing into that over the past 5 years.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Per wiki:

XL7 wiki page posted:

Introduced on November 22, 2006, Suzuki partnered with General Motors to build the 2007 model year version, now called XL7 (without the hyphen). It used the same unibody platform and many of the same components as the Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent, Saturn Vue and Opel Antara but incorporated third-row seating exclusive to the Suzuki. The second generation model used a version of the GM High Feature engine—designated N36A by Suzuki—built in Japan and shipped to CAMI Automotive in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada, where the XL7 was assembled with the Equinox and Torrent. Styling cues on the 2007 model include a chrome slotted grille and trapezoidal headlights. It no longer has the spare tire mounted on the rear door.

Parts may not be an issue.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would try to find a Honda Fit before I go looking for a Fiesta, small car but good views so easy to parallel park.

Joke option: if you are on a coast there may be a great used Fiat 500 with your name on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

how do you sell -1 Chrysler 200