Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

euphronius posted:

How did the dealer put 1000 miles on a car ?

Probably everyone took a ride in it, showed it off to the wife, kids, brought it home over night etc..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Jesus christ. Thanks gently caress my only MUST HAVE OR NO DEAL EVER poo poo is a Manual Transmission.

No, not trying to be all :smugdog: just saying that glad I don't have to give a gently caress about poo poo like that on something that may otherwise be the perfect vehicle especially if that something can be obtained in the aftermarket.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Dr. Lunchables posted:

:corsair: in my day they would just rap about the number of spokes they had!

Proper rims only have five spokes.

Well Lil Flip only has 20s as he notes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdK-u-Y5AFo

But his rival T.I. has at least one up on him with 24s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1u9u7mq9Ck

But then Funk Master Flex is rimmed up and raised up real nuts like, presumably on 26s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVut-dedXg

And then you got some cats ridin on 40s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VImPZTI7I

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Motronic posted:

I've gotten to drive all manner of stupid expenisve 5-ish year old cars for real cheap thgought my life because I buy things I can and am willing to work on. It takes its own toll, but gaddamn do not buy this poo poo if you're not able to and like working on it.

If I was looking to buy an unreliable car, pile of poo poo or otherwise that I was willing to do all or most of the work to, to keep going I'd probably stick to something American.
At least parts are more likely to be cheap and available.

Not that I'm trying to tell anyone how to live their lives.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think this thread said before that one of the biggest jumps in safety was around the 2019 mark. Is that generally correct?

I don't know for sure, but if it was it was probably due to a lots of new fangled safety stuff becoming mandatory on everything.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Anecdotally, my '09 Corolla was an early production 10th gen Corolla. From reading several years ago it was at the time considered to be one of the "least reliable generation" of Corolla in quite a while, but its still been pretty bullet proof for me.
Almost 16 years I've had it and have probably spent less than 4000 on fixing problems that weren't wear items like tires, brakes etc...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I thought it was weirder that someone said try an alfa or a jag.

Jesus. Not a single mention of a used 7 series

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"IOwnCalculus" posted:

a surprising number of parts are Sport Trac specific instead of being shared with either the Ranger or Explorer, and UHaul will never rent you a trailer. A first-gen Colorado will have vaguely better mileage and UHaul will rent to you,
What's the story here?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

bird with big dick posted:

I’d prefer my sister working in a whorehouse than driving in a RAV-4.

So would I. Picking up your sister in an alley is getting pretty sketchy these days.

Tell her I said hi. It's been a few weeks.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Some idiot stole the resonator (its kinda like a muffler but not quite) out of a work truck a couple winters ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I know the heat dissipation aspect is for the car itself, but I wonder how it would affect cat performance since they're always trying to get them to heat up faster so they start working better/sooner.