Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Thee suspense of waiting to see the next issues in TPB is getting to me. I left off on the whole hunter thing. I wanna see what happens with the sciency mcmullet guy.

You know I really think the whole "Glenn is practically deathproof" sentiment is gonna get him killed, or at least make him lose everything. In a story about the inhumanity of humans, a stand-up guy like Glenn just can't survive, and if he somehow does he can't be as happy as he is. Either Glenn is gonna die or Maggie and Sophia are. :smith:

Also, did most of you really have a problem with the prison stuff? I think the comic needs "lulls" like that, where it looks like most things are working out OK. For one, it builds tension, since you know it can't last, and it gives room for more social stuff to fall apart. I mean a lot happened while they were "just sitting around in the prison" in relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Geekboy posted:

Besides, if I recall correctly there was some sick bastard cutting off little girls' heads and a guy getting his nuts nailed to a board at about that time so the criticism about there not being enough "action" at that point in the story just doesn't hold a lot of water to me.

Yes, more characters died during the prison arc (even if you don't count the finale) than before it. Not to mention just how many relationships and characters changed. It really signals Rick's first steps into the ends justifying the means and his morality falling apart.
I had hoped the Governor stuff would've shocked him into realizing he had to change to avoid becoming a monster, but that didn't quite work out.
Now I'm hoping the same thing about what happened with Dale/seeing Carl's changes, shocks Rick into trying to stay a good person. Heck maybe Lori'll talk some sense into him.

I think Timeless's comments about the trade is probably what did it though. Having voraciously read through the trades, occasionally telling myself "Just one more issue" it would be torture to see one of those cliffhangers and just have to wait a month. Heck, it still kinda is waiting for the next trade.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Honestly, I think Rick needs to be poo poo on some more. And eventually killed. If you're going to have no sacred cows, have no sacred cows.

I hardly think Rick's been untouchable, and there certainly shouldn't be the idea that he is. I just think it'll be a little hard to kill him off without ending the story and starting a spin off.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Matt Cruea posted:

I think, given some time to build up a bit from the backseat he's taken recently, Glenn could become a capable main character in the event of Rick's untimely demise.

I don't really want Rick to die, though.

But then Glenn will be poo poo on! Glenn's so happy now, don't ruin things for him!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BDawg posted:

I'm going to try to stay clear of this thread so I don't see spoilers. I got the compendium for Christmas and read through it.

It's a great story that shows how horrible people are to other people. I like thinking that anything can happen at any time.

I hate that the wife and the new baby died at the end. I know it's the zombie apocalypse, but they'd been through so much with the pregnancy and such and then she dies. gently caress the dead governor.

Yeah, pretty much everyone gets pissed on following the prison stuff.

• Locked thread