Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

I've only recently discovered this (yeah, I'm late), and I've been catching up with the collected editions. I've finished Volume 10, and Volume 11 (which I guess covers the last story arc before the current issue) doesn't come out until the end of December. I saw that the latest issue is just after where Volume 11 stops. Will I miss too much significant stuff from the last story arc if I just get the latest issue and start from there and then get Volume 11 when it comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Well, new issue's out...

I guess things haven't always been rosy in this compound. I wonder who this Davidson was and what he made them do. It was a really nice tease though.

Also...

Is this the first issue that's been completely zombie-free? Even in the more peaceful parts of the prison arc, there were still tons of zombies amassed at the fence.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Affi posted:

But that wasn't a conversation, that was a monologue :P I think Rick said three things in there.

Well, the congressman guy did say that most of the determination of whether they were worthy was already made by observing them in the field. Maybe he just wanted to see if Rick would get pissed about his longwindedness and try to eat his eyeballs. :chef:

Speaking of eyeballs, what do you think really happened to that little kid's eye?

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Image Comics says April 28.

http://www.imagecomics.com/issue.php?item=10578

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Haha. Thing is, it's been a very gradual slide downwards, every step taken for a good, logical reason. Just the incredibly casual way Rick says they can take over the town shows how much they've been changed.

Yeah. They took Rick's group into the town, in part, because they knew how to handle themselves, and because Rick knew what to do to keep his group alive. Seems like that might now include taking over their town, if need be.

Any doubts that this will end with a zombie invasion into the town for one reason or another?

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

StumblyWumbly posted:

Be warned, somewhere around vol 4 of the TPBs is a horrible place to stop reading. One book just ends with a rather huge cliffhanger. I wish my books were here so I could figure out which one.

I looked back through and there's a pretty big cliffhanger at the end of Volume 3.

It's in the prison right after the psycho rapist guy gets killed and thrown to the zombies. The big bald prisoner (couldn't find his name) shows up with a gun to throw Rick's group out of the prison.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Regicide posted:

So, I just jumped on board about two days ago and I'm already at issue #64... is the comic still being released monthly? What's the current schedule like? It's been a hell of a ride reading the entire series in a few sittings and I am loving it. How long do I have to wait until issue #72 and so forth?

The guy at the comic book store said that release dates for Walking Dead are a bit irregular. In the letters section of one recent issue, Kirkman said he was going to try to get these out once a month (or even sooner). According to the Image website, the next issue is due out the week of May 19:

http://www.imagecomics.com/schedule.php?d=20100519

You can check the site periodically to see when the next issue is coming out.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

...and another issue without any zombies in it. I'm sure they're probably trying to set the tone of feeling "too safe" which a lot of the characters have complained about. Plus that big guy with the mustache (I forget his name) is going to go out on construction soon and Glenn is going to start doing scavenger runs again, so something should happen shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I know the title of the book is The Walking Dead and all, but is this really a complaint that a lot of people share? I for one love the arcs where zombies are few and far between. Giving them a place to try and return to normal after all they've been through has been great. Especially with the problems that everyone is having reintegrating into this form of society.

I wasn't really complaining. I'm also enjoying this "peaceful" arc where it's becoming painfully clear that Rick's group isn't ready to reintegrate into any kind of normal society (though I think the prison arc went on a bit too long). I was just pointing out that the last few issues have had zero zombies (not just a few here and there -- zero). I suspect that will change shortly.

And also...why the hell would you keep all the guns in a locked up location right near the entrance to the compound?

• Locked thread