Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I really miss the original artist. His zombies were just a lot more zombie-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

BleakLewis posted:

The issues after they get to the prison and before they run into the Governor were the most tedious to me so far in the series. I've finally caught back up on the series now and the newer issues are loads better then the mid-prison part.

I kinda liked that part. I know it was slow or whatever, but it hearkened back to Dawn of the Dead.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Startling revelation in the recent issue Bill Maher is a gay

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Am I the only one here that want's Carl to be eaten?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

LtCrowley posted:

I'll bite. Why do you want's Carl to be eaten?

e - totally with you on the Tony Moore front, that guy rocks.

I dunno he's just been annoying me lately. I think its something to do with the fact that Kirkman's characters all sort of have the same voice, so I find dialog heavy Carl parts to be a little distracting. Also he's giving off a real deranged murderer-child vibe lately.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

teekun posted:

Didn't they already kind of do that with the Governor? I doubt Kirkman would go down that route again, but I won't be surprised if they have ulterior motives for recruiting members than just building a safe productive community.

The cover of the upcoming issue seems to suggest this too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jack Skeleton posted:

They're going to have to touch on that massive zombie rush/stampede again as that was more than likely not brought up simply to derail that Atlanta gun run. Perhaps a sort of storm of zombie hordes will run through the enclosed city?

Speaking of Atlanta, I don't really get why Rick and his family went there. I know "go to a big city for the government to help you" thing was said but there are other cities closer than Atlanta to KY. Chicago comes to mind.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I think it depends on where you are in Kentucky, and I'm not sure if they ever said which city they lived in. But Rick does say that Lori's parents live in Atlanta, which is the reason he went looking for her there.

Wikipedia says they're from Cynthia, which would make Chicago closer. I don't remember the parents thing, just the going to big cities thing. I'll take your word for it though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
That was a good issue and all but I kinda want to see a zombie again.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Guy Compton posted:

Yeah. They took Rick's group into the town, in part, because they knew how to handle themselves, and because Rick knew what to do to keep his group alive. Seems like that might now include taking over their town, if need be.

Any doubts that this will end with a zombie invasion into the town for one reason or another?

This is the most likely scenario I think. We'll get a lot of conflict, but I dunno if Rick and company will take over. I think there might be a power struggle, and then the zombies bust in.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Darth Ronson posted:

The impression I got was the the governor was a sadistic deranged fucker right from the start - the zombie apocalypse just meant he could get away with stuff.

Yeah its hard to imagine Rick chopping off heads and making "TVs"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So Kirkman's zombies will rot but will never die right? Wouldn't they just turn into skeletons eventually?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Interview on AICN with Kirkman about the show:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45261

quote:

Robert Kirkman: Anything you have seen in BREAKING BAD we can do every minute of our show. And then also there’s a lot of things you can get away with, because they are zombies, so you will be seeing all kinds of cool stuff that you would expect to see in THE WALKING DEAD: THE TV SHOW, so while it isn’t a pay cable channel, I think that people are still going to get what they want.

This is sounding better and better I think.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 27, 2010

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Titular characters finally make their reappearance after a 3 issue drought. Also I've decided I don't like the way Moore draws rick without a beard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Glum posted:

You mean Charlie Adlard, right?

poo poo. Yes, you're right. Sorry.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Niddhogg posted:

The title refers to the living survivors, not the zombies.

Guuuhhhhh wahhhhhhhh???? :aaaaa:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

teekun posted:

If that epilogue did anything, it showed me how amazing this book could have been with an artist who handles detail well. I mean, I know it's not fair to compare anyone to Cory Walker when it comes to explicit gore, but compare some of the epilogue pages to the scene of that guy getting torn apart earlier in the same issue.

The quality difference is like night and day.

No kidding. I sorta hate Adlard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Spot who never read Sin City.

This is also all I could think about

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
If you get shot in the head you're not a zombie. Destroying the brain is what kills Kirkman-zombies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jack Skeleton posted:

Yeah, that was a "gently caress YEAH!" moment. But I can't wait to see what happens when the zombie horde comes crawling at their gate.

Yeah I'm ready for a few people to be eaten too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
True, and perhaps they thought airing it on Halloween would be...

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Speaking of that guy where the hell is he? Haven't seen him in like 6 issues.

• Locked thread