Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You should have just called it The Walking Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timeless Appeal posted:

Oh, by the way, for anyone who didn't read the letters, Kirkman admitted that it's entirely retarded that the characters haven't been able to figure out the exact date and time from devices like electric clocks/watches and presumably computers.

EDIT: Actually, going on from this, wouldn't there still be at least some computers with still working internet connections?

Why's that even matter though? Are they late for a meeting?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That always struck me as silly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I gotta give him credit for the epilogue, too clever by half, Kirkman. That was really funny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The show presents it in a much more unsavory way but her being a "slut" is probably you projecting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
None of what you said changes what I said, it remains to be seen whether the writing of that character will be spectacularly wretched and one-dimensional as we're only two episodes in.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alberto Basalm posted:

Yeah, I agree. A more focused story would help ease some of the sort of "ambient boredom" the series has. Character interaction is cool and all, but pure survival can get very boring very fast.

A good example of a series that does it right is Y: The Last Man. Through the whole series there is always a concrete objective, and the characters work to achieve it. Sometimes in Walking Dead, like right after the prison, where the characters were just aimlessly wandering about, it was just a trial.

Y: The Last Man also had a good writer and a story to tell, with a beginning, middle and end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Niddhogg posted:

Every time I see the thread title I think it says "The Walking Thread".

I suggested that on the first page of this thing and still maintain that's what it should be called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The stupidest thing this book can do is become Crossed so that's what I'm expecting.

If it became as good as Wish You Were here, that would be a considerable step up.

• Locked thread