Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Just start at the beginning.

Agreeing with this. I can't really think of a good jumping in point. Just keep waiting until you can get the trades it really is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

teekun posted:

Why would #63 be in such high demand?

It was the issue with Chew issue 1 in it. That might be why.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

teekun posted:

That's pretty odd considering it was a B&W preview and Chew #1 was printed stand-alone in color. I know it sold out like three different printings, but I wouldn't expect that would increase the demand of a pack-in preview like that.

It was B&W but still the full issue so for anyone who wasn't able to get one of the color printings it's better than nothing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

teekun posted:

Unless there's some sort of perceived value that the B&W preview holds over the actual first issue?

I wouldn't put it past people thinking the B&W print is worth more. I stopped trying to understand nerd thought long ago.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

To be fair Rick may be safe from death right now but he's totally been poo poo on quite a bit. Hes got a dead wife, newborn and is missing an arm. On top of that he talks to said dead wife over a disconnected phone. Hell his son even is starting to get broken by the situation seeing as he killed another kid when the adults were still trying to figure out what to do about it. His life is definitely going down the drain. I would say he's got a higher chance of suicide or just going crazy than getting killed by a zombie.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Finally managed to get to the store to pick up the new issue any guesses on how this is going to be not all they hope it will be?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drunkboxer posted:

Speaking of Atlanta, I don't really get why Rick and his family went there. I know "go to a big city for the government to help you" thing was said but there are other cities closer than Atlanta to KY. Chicago comes to mind.

Probably for this unless it's a different Atlanta then ignore this entirely.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've got a friend who refuses to watch The Twilight Zone because it's "too old".

I have a friend who won't watch Ghost Busters for that same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

cptInsane0 posted:

Two questions. Why are they still your friend, and why haven't you made them into a ghost?

Because it still isn't legal to kill someone for refusing to watch good movies. Indiana Jones 4 was his favorite of the movies because he hasn't seen the others, he's never seen any of the original Star Wars trilogy and just in the last couple months watched Back to the Future.

• Locked thread