Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

strangefool posted:

EVERY GROUP IS EVIL BUT RICK'S GROUP.

That seems to have been the status quo so far, maybe Kirkman is gonna change it up. It would nice to explore the group coming to the realization that, hey, poo poo, maybe we were the bad guys this time.

Honestly, I think Rick needs to be poo poo on some more. And eventually killed. If you're going to have no sacred cows, have no sacred cows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Matt Cruea posted:

I think, given some time to build up a bit from the backseat he's taken recently, Glenn could become a capable main character in the event of Rick's untimely demise.

I don't really want Rick to die, though.

Eventually, he'll have to. The only constant throughout the series has been him, and when the series gets tired, the only real change that could happen is to him. Or the zombie outbreak could start mutating them ala Left 4 Dead, but I'd rather the series continue past the character at this point.

Or maybe at Issue #100. That would do.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Antifreeze Head posted:

I Am Legend kinda had that going on right at the end, but I guess you may not call those critters zombies.

A perfecly normal community sorta writes the charactes into a corner though, they can stay and nothing much happens, but it is too early to end the series; the community is hosed up, which is becoming a bit trite; zombies or another group overruns the place, which is just about as trite (and what is almost certain to happen); or they get kicked out because Rick and Co are way hosed up, which is probably bad for sales as readers shouldn't hate the protagonists.

I wouldn't mind Rick getting a bit more comeuppance though; answer for his crimes. Maybe that will be the big issue 75 thing. Or maybe he will just wear a helmet and call himself Dredd.

I still need to catch up on this, but a nice turn would be for Rick to finally establish himself as an enemy to the normal world: the trauma has changed him so much that he cannot fit in with normal society anymore. So, he's a danger to himself and others and goes back on the run from the zombies and from normal society that seeks to kill him out of vengeance. It's not like there's an authority around to counter vengeance-fueled vendettas here.

• Locked thread