Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
It was a great series, and I ended up leaving off after they met abraham and the mullet scientist. I'm really glad it started getting more interesting, because during the prison arc I started flipping through pages out of boredom.'

Hey guys lets farm some crops! Vegetables! Yay!

:froggonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
I can't see Carl dying, but I can't see him being the same after this.

It's disappointing he went this route as I always saw Carl as the next generation... Rougher, tougher, less sympathetic. I could have seen someone important dying like Michonne, Andrea, Rick, Ricks new GF (forget the name who did anyways) it would have been difficult but understandable.

True, no one is safe but if all the kids die, where else is there to go eventually but to new characters?

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
So with the new issue random people who we never paid attention to are calling the "sane" people insane and I guess are looking to usurp control. Shocking.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Sweet. Rick and Andrea. I'm sure this will go in exciting places.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
I think Glenn dying is more of an impact to me because he was the one who initially saved Rick at the onset of the story and now Rick was helpless to save him. Then he died, and he died absolutely brutally.

Other than piling on more and more vicious villains there really can't be much more direction to go in this story other than starting fresh. We can't just cut away from Rick and Carl without any resolution, there is too much invested into them.

Probably my preferred resolution to this entire story would be that shortly after the main MAIN conflict people realize that while they have been so preoccupied with the destruction of each other that the zombie population has dwindled to non-existence (somehow ignoring the "if you die, you turn") and how pointless literally every non zombie related conflict has been.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

[Rick does something] only to realize that no one has seen any zombies in awhile and that they're basically extinct aside from new deaths.

I think this was close to my prediction as well.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
So he seems to have ruined potential plans for Rick by giving Negan a hostage. Most excellent. Although I'd imagine Paul will somehow save him, no?

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Neegan is really the only thing maintaining their prosperity. Taking him out of the picture weakens them significantly in the eyes of the other cities and they certainly wouldn't receive any sympathy in return.

The saviors have been complicit in the murders of members of other societies and prosperity through extortion. I can't see the other societies trusting any of the saviors and they would likely be wiped out entirely.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

I actually really liked #107.

Until the end where we are apparently going to meet the wise and powerful George Clinton.

Two black characters? one of them needs to die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Of course asking anyone else will be completely out of the question.

• Locked thread