Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

OldMemes posted:

The series reads way better in trades, I personally think.

Yeah, having recently caught up after only buying hardcovers, I agree. I can see how people are getting fed up with the series, since each issue on its own is rarely that captivating. But if you read them as part of a larger arc, they become much more fulfilling. I'm probably gonna go back, honestly, even if I have to wait a long loving time (it went a whole year between hardcovers 7 and 8).

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The pacing in TWD has become eerily similar to DBZ.

"I'm Rick, I'm king poo poo of zombie mountain"
"gently caress you Rick, I'm Negan, I'm king dick of your mountain"
"gently caress Negan, we can take him"
"gently caress you Rick, I'll take you"
"Ok deal. (We can take Negan, we'll go behind his back)"
"Ha, you thought you could go behind my back, here are some more swears"

And so on. I hope something happens soon.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not a bad issue.

Pretty convenient for the Holly zombie to be completely silent, it was also a pretty obvious thing to do but since no one ever did anything like this in the novels yet I suppose it is a pretty clever trick.

Ah, Rick should have seen that poo poo. He's smarter than that. This was a good issue, though. I just read the last 5 or so in one go. I think the book's better now than it's been in ages.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This issue was pretty inconsequential, but man I laughed at that dumb Negan action figure ad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There's a difference between covering yourself in zombie sludge and sticking it inside an open wound. Though I forget if the comic has actually contradicted itself on that before, that's probably what's going on.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think the circumstances of the final scene was stupid (in fact it's pretty much exactly how I expected it to go down), but Rick convincing Negan to become civilized and work together in like two pages and it working was really dumb even for Kirkman. Like Negan suddenly realizing "oh man I DON'T have to be a complete piece of poo poo" out of nowhere, I was just waiting for him to yell "PSYCHE", but I guess not!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

But who's to say Negan wasn't just playing along and Rick pulled the knife on him faster?

Sure, it's possible, but I didn't quite get that vibe from it. Either way, I think it undermined the climax.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

I'm not gonna be able to get to the store today, what ends up happening?

Rick didn't intend to kill Negan, just wound him and get him taken to their doctor so he could avoid getting gunned down himself (???). Dwight takes over so no one would have been gunned down anyway I don't loving know. Rick is adamant about not killing Negan because, and he actually brings out that old chestnut, "if we kill him, we're no better than he is" (????????). Carl stands ready to kill Negan, but Rick talks him out of it, and makes a speech to the survivors about how they're going to work together from now on, and then goes back and tells Negan he's a douche and he's going to rot in prison.

I'm generally of the mind that this book is still entertaining, but yeah that was reeeaaally loving lovely.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SirDan3k posted:

Because Rick desperately and blindly clings to the old world and it's rules.

Except you know all the times he doesn't and kills a bunch of people. Sparing Negan makes absolutely no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's still kind of spinning its wheels but yeah it's better now than it's been in a long while.

Taking a break and catching up by collection is by far the best choice. Monthlies are a really bad way to read Walking Dead.

• Locked thread