Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It was slightly more eventful than the previous couple, Negan showing up in Rickville was unexpected, him shanking Spencer was his usual over-the-top wildcard hijinx but whatever, I guess Spencer had it coming but it was a bit too convenient for Rick.

I guess we'll have to wait 3-4 month for any sort of resolution on this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Negan just doesn't know how to make friends, poor guy.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's a strange thing about TWD how the most obnoxious of people have become the most natural candidates for leadership post apocalypse. I understand the notion of groups of ruthless bandits but why do they always choose the most hosed up loose cannon types as their leaders? You'd think that after the second of third time Negan stole someone's wife or ironed someone's face the rest of the group would decide it's time to elect new leadership through shanking Negan in his sleep. At least the Governor made an effort to fool people into thinking he wasn't completely a blood crazed sociopath but Negan is as awful to his own henchmen as he is to random outsiders.

Once people decide to become bad guys they just go around looking for the worst person they can find to lead them, I guess.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
New issue!

Not much happened this time but the action was solid, I didn't buy for a second the Andrea fakeout, I guess Jesus and his buddy are going to pop up next issue back in Ricktown and save the day. Isaac and Michonne are also due to show up and do something at one point or another.

Negan was his old self but more entertaining this time I think, his erotic relationship with Lucille and him losing it when Carl blew a chunk out of it was pretty amusing.

I think it's about time things start to speed up a bit, at this rate it's gonna take another 4-5 issues for the Savior's arc to wrap up.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In retrospect I think that the best part of graphic novels is when Herschel and Rick (or was it Herschel and his son?) are in the prison yard farming and they have a theological discussion about whether the zombies prove that god doesn't exist and Herschel has this cool old testament speech about how these could be the seven years of tribulations and the rising of the dead that precede the latter days as prophesied in Ezekiel. That was cool.

Anyone remember what issue that was from?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My favorite thing concerning Rick's amputation is how it doesn't slow him down for a bit, it's barely even acknowledged, there are even times he pushes objects and barricades places as if it never happened.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Negan is cool but I hope it's actually an intentional point that he has a very poor grasp of reality because some of the stuff he says and does makes absulutely zero sense.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Not a bad issue.

Pretty convenient for the Holly zombie to be completely silent, it was also a pretty obvious thing to do but since no one ever did anything like this in the novels yet I suppose it is a pretty clever trick.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Definitely her.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140108174351/walkingdead/images/d/d8/Holly_Zombie.JPG

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The savior's entire economy pretty much uses rape as its main currency. Of course only Negan is allowed to actually partake.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Consistency in the walking dead is pretty much a deadend venue for discussion but wasn't it established numerous time that only zombie bites contain the magical fever virus? I mean, Rick, Carl and many others covered themselves up head to toe in zombie innards and many characters shoot a zombie that was lying right on top of them plenty of times, you'd expect some zombie filling to have found its way into an open wound/scratch at one point or another.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I know, I said 'magical fever virus' not 'magical zombification virus'. Geez!

Zombie bites contain magic zombie venom that makes people die within a day or two unless you amputate straight away, but we've had people cover themselves in zombie guts and didn't suffer the death fever symptoms at all. So I wonder why dipping a crossbow bolt inside a zombie is lethal all of a sudden.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah that's getting to me as well. Why can't Andrea just shoot him.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That was really bad. That stupid speech, Negan's "Gee you're right" expression, it was all bad. I guess Negan really might be the dumbest person alive if he fell for that.

I had a feeling it was gonna be a bad issue when I saw it was 11/12.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The zombie virus first targeted people who could have easily prevented the total and immediate collapse of society, pretty much anyone who could have done anything worthwhile just got offed immediately, only bumbling fools and psychopathic rapists survived.

Unfunny jokes aside, it is implied that the military got run over early on when the Governor and his crew raid an abandoned national guard base.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I stopped reading when Rick took Negan prisoner instead of just offing him on the spot, I understand there was a time skip and now it's even more boring?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Did anything interesting happen since the time skip? This thread spoke about some talking zombies or something, was it just some guys pretending to be zombies as you guys speculated or did the zombies actually evolve in some manner?

I apologize for the laziness but I really don't feel like catching up and I'm just wondering if anything actually changed, at all, since the time skip.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Might I ask for a brief spoiler summary? sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Thanks, that sounds somewhat interesting, I might need to catch up on this thing.

• Locked thread