Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Affi posted:

There was one thing about that confession that really rubbed me the wrong way. The fact that someone snuck up on Rick and he didn't even turn around to see if it might've been a zombie.

I hate that literary technique or device or whatever it would be called. "I just told someone to go away, and now that I hear someone walking up on me, it must be the same person I JUST told to go away, so I'm going to say something very embarrassing without looking to confirm who it is I'm talking to WHOOPS! It was someone I didn't want to tell this embarrassing information to!" It's especially irritating when the people are in a dangerous situation where bad things can be creeping up on them.

I mean, I'm glad Rick and his son have come clean and no longer have those secrets between them (though we have yet to see the fall out of the confessions), but there must have been a better way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Full Battle Rattle posted:

My suspension of disbelief for zombies really drops off in the long term as far as stories go. Still, this was a pretty good series, but seriously, how long would a human last in the elements without remembering to eat or drink or find shelter? after a couple of years zombies would be pretty sparse, if there were any left at all.

Alright, i'm done nerding out.

Really depends on what is reanimating the zombies.

If it's a virus, then it's still going to need a food source to produce the energy to keep the muscles working. And eventually they'll break down and rot.

If it's supernatural (Hell is full, aliens, radiation from space, what have you) then anything goes.

That's the best part of writing fiction. You can make poo poo up, and no one can really argue with you about it.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

JayBulworth posted:

You might want to check this out: We're Alive. I don't really know how it compares to other radio drams it since it's the only radio drama I've ever heard but I like it. There's a little bit of World War Z in there, a little bit of Dawn of the Dead and a little bit of the Walking Dead.

Is there any way to download those? I'd like to have them on my iPhone, but every time I click the iTunes link it crashes Firefox.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

JayBulworth posted:

You might want to check this out: We're Alive. I don't really know how it compares to other radio drams it since it's the only radio drama I've ever heard but I like it. There's a little bit of World War Z in there, a little bit of Dawn of the Dead and a little bit of the Walking Dead.

I just want to say that this has been a really fun adventure. I'm most of the way through it, and I really like where they're going with it. It's like a not retarded Resident Evil.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, doesn't Carl have, like, a hole in his head? I can't imagine they really have the capacity to put a plate on his skull or anything.

Little wad of spackle will fix him right up. Even if that stuff dries out, you just add a little water, it'll be good as new in no time.

If you're really worried about it, a few strips of duct tape over the spackle will make him look like a futuristic robot!

• Locked thread