Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

That's a great interview, and it's really nice to hear how optimistic he is about this. It sounds like Darabont is exactly the right man for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can't find #63 anywhere. My local comic shop was sold out and ebay wants $15 for it. :(

Why would #63 be in such high demand?

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Len posted:

It was the issue with Chew issue 1 in it. That might be why.

That's pretty odd considering it was a B&W preview and Chew #1 was printed stand-alone in color. I know it sold out like three different printings, but I wouldn't expect that would increase the demand of a pack-in preview like that.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Len posted:

It was B&W but still the full issue so for anyone who wasn't able to get one of the color printings it's better than nothing.

Right, but if you're going to pay $15 for a copy of Chew, wouldn't you just get an actual copy of Chew? Are the second and third printings reselling for that much? It's just really strange to me. Unless there's some sort of perceived value that the B&W preview holds over the actual first issue?

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I really miss the original artist. His zombies were just a lot more zombie-like.

Tony Moore was a much better artist, and the change really bothered me when I hit the second TPB, but I've gotten used to it now.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Guy Compton posted:

I've only recently discovered this (yeah, I'm late), and I've been catching up with the collected editions. I've finished Volume 10, and Volume 11 (which I guess covers the last story arc before the current issue) doesn't come out until the end of December. I saw that the latest issue is just after where Volume 11 stops. Will I miss too much significant stuff from the last story arc if I just get the latest issue and start from there and then get Volume 11 when it comes out?

I really wouldn't recommend it. A lot of poo poo went down in the last 6 issues or so.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

I just read the latest issue and Rathburns art is really suffering here. Much more than usual. I'm wondering if it has something to do with trying to keep their schedule for a year. Some of the faces in this issue are just plain ugly. It's really a shame, and while I wouldn't wish to see the guy pulled off a book that he's invested so much in, I really hope something improves eventually.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

I'm guessing that they'll actually coexist peacefully with them, and the conflict will be external, either some operation the group has been planning in DC that they'll have to help with, or some sort of invasion on the community.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Dacap posted:

I just hope he doesn't go the "terrible hidden secret" route where the community is pretending to be safe and peaceful but they're really secretly a pedophilic rape cult or something.

Didn't they already kind of do that with the Governor? I doubt Kirkman would go down that route again, but I won't be surprised if they have ulterior motives for recruiting members than just building a safe productive community.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Comixology says this week, but I don't know if that's accurate.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

I'm having a really hard time believing that an entire organized community has existed for this long and nobody thought to have a lookout of any sort.

Something isn't adding up and it's either the townspeople or Kirkman's writing.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I've been re-reading the comic, I gotta say kirkman seems to entirely forget about some of his characters sometimes, as they won't appear at all in an entire issue. Basically if he starts reminding us a totally forgettable character exists it's only because they're about to die.

The twins and their parents are perfect examples of this. What do they do for the entire comic except die?

Do you really want him to be forcing appearances by every character when they aren't needed? That seems kind of silly. Especially when "an entire issue" is all of what, 20 pages?

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

If that epilogue did anything, it showed me how amazing this book could have been with an artist who handles detail well. I mean, I know it's not fair to compare anyone to Cory Walker when it comes to explicit gore, but compare some of the epilogue pages to the scene of that guy getting torn apart earlier in the same issue.

The quality difference is like night and day.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Davincie posted:

Also the color on those pages was beautiful.

Ryan Ottley on pencils with FCO Placentia on colors is one of the reasons I cannot ever stop reading Invincible, no matter how poo poo the story gets sometimes. The artwork itself justifies the book for me.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Question - When Glenn said the zombies were acting differently, that was just due the guys being holed up inside the store, right?

Yeah, he couldn't understand why they were grouped up and milling around an area. When they saw that there were guys holed up in that store, it explained why.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Spot who never read Sin City.

Seriously. I don't know how anyone couldn't have figured out what was going on with their faces in this issue.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

futureproof posted:

The fact that the zombies can hone in on the sound of gunshots from miles and miles away is such a huge dues ex machine and I hate it. If I hear a gunshot from only a mile away I still have no idea where it came from. It's such a bullshit way to move the story along, but whatever, at least it's moving.

Yeah, that's bullshit. I grew up in a house that was about a mile away from a police firing range. When we first moved in there, we actually went looking for where the shots might be coming from, and found it pretty quickly because we knew exactly which direction to head.

Add to that what SagatPunisherFanFic said about it only taking a few heading in the right direction to build up a crowd, and it all seems pretty plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

So apparently Telltale games is making a series of Walking Dead games. Not sure how they'll get the intensity of surviving zombies down in an adventure game format, but I've got hope. No details yet, unfortunately.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

• Locked thread