Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

strangefool posted:

It would nice to explore the group coming to the realization that, hey, poo poo, maybe we were the bad guys this time.

That's where I think it's going. Maybe Rick's kid accidentally lets slip how he killed another kid. Or the science teacher scumbag tells how they tortured a group of cannibals to death recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^What he said.

I'm starting to hope that it IS everything they've been dreaming of. But that they're now so broken they can no longer fit in with normal people.

We already saw a little of that when Rick freaked out over the guy with the smashed up leg, basically telling their new friends to leave him to be eaten.

Or Rick's kid one day blurts out how he killed another child.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Seriously, in a post apocalyptic world, surrounded by flesh-eating zombies, someone snapping for an instant and popping someone in the eye isn't that big a deal.

It's not good, don't get me wrong. Hitting kids is BAD. But for people who have gone through what these people have, I'd be surprised to see people who aren't horribly damaged.

Mind you, I do think the Senator was leading Rick on with the whole schtick about how you can judge a person by how they treat their women and children. If there is someone mistreating kids, an outsider would be perfect to help solve it as they're a neutral observer.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 27, 2010

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Spot who never read Sin City.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I really thought Carl getting shot was going to lead somewhere interesting. After all, the series started when his father was shot and went into a coma.

Kirkman not drawing parallels between the two events is the surprising thing to me. I thought writers lived for that poo poo.

• Locked thread