Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Humanity should start to rebuild at some point, tho. Thinking back, there've been 2 winters in Walking Dead? 3?

I'm not 100% sure, but i heard somewhere that the whole series has taken place over less than a year, probably closer to the 9-10 month mark. As far as i can remember, it's only been one winter, although it's probably getting close to another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Was that Bill Maher on the last page of Issue 67? I mean, I know it's not, but still, that would be kind of funny.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I know several people who hated the prison stuff by saying "I thought this was a zombie comic" without realizing that this is actually a character comic with zombies as it's setting.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I've been saying since this to my friends since the whole Community storyline started - I was hoping that Rick and his group would somehow turn out to be the bad guys during this overall arc. Whether they realize it or not, or whether they are just too broken to really trust or fit in, it looks like that may be what's happening.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I actually kind of agree with the end result that was Rick's freakout (what with him obviously comparing it to losing his own wife and child), I just thought that the pacing of that whole scene could have been better. Rick should have at least tried to talk the guy down a bit before going into "punch you in the face" mode.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm just glad the intruder/attacker/outsiders angle wasn't dragged out for several issues. I mean, I know that they have been teased for a few issues, but I really liked that they showed up, Rick whipped his dick out, and they were all killed within the space of four pages. No drawn out stand-off, no moments for dramatic effects sake, just the rear end-whooping.

Of course, all the zombies are going to be drawn to the community, but still.

NmareBfly posted:

She's such a useful character to have around that every time she's 'onscreen' I'm terrified that she'll die. :ohdear:

I suppose you're supposed to feel that way about everyone, though.
Yeah, The second she fired off that first shot and they showed her up on the tower, I said, "welp, she's dead." Glad I was wrong.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I couldn't mind an arc where the whole community is basically hunckered down, hiding within the homes, and unable to leave the small town that they've created with a herd of zombies outside. The group being splintered about but still within a few hundred yards of each other might make for a good "under siege" type of story. I'm thinking of how the first Tremors movie was, only on a larger scale.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gassire posted:

If you don't see the correlation between a barely animate shambling corpse and Brett Favre I don't know what to tel you.

Zombies can't use cell phones.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I sort of hope Carl dies from his gunshot wound, if for no other reason than to drive Rick further crazy. As long as Glen and Andrea are fine, i'm fine.

Also, why the hell are people spoiler tagging this? The issue is out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Kabz posted:

In a world overrun by zombies, sometimes the most dangerous creatures are your fellow human beings trying to survive this madness with you.

Zombies can't deceive, lie, steal....they can only attack and eat. Humans are the ones loving things up constantly.

and this is just about the most generic, lazy thing any author ever can say with a zombie story. Kirkman already went through this with the Governor. He already went through this with that cannibal hunter group. He already went through it with the child murderer in the prison. He has pointed this out so many times it has become boring and lazy. Kirkman is writing in circles, using one theme over and over.

Glenn's death also wasn't done well. It wasn't affecting or shocking. It was gratuitous for gratuitous sake. it was trying to be like Tyeres's death so long ago, but ended up Kirkman yelling "WATCH THIS NO ONE IS SAFE AND I WILL HAVE THE VILLAIN MONOLOGUE ABOUT THAT".

Also, why are people still spoilering stuff? The issues out, it's fair game I thought.

• Locked thread