Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Whargoul posted:

Has anyone else seen the cover to #85? http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Walking-Dead/Profile/Walking-Dead-85___381552
It seems like Rick is pretty loving upset, so I wonder if this means that Carl will not make it through No Way Out. That or he blames himself for everyone else that was lost during the event, again.

I'm betting on the new love interest getting killed or she gets bitten and Rick is the one to kill her before she turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Hollis posted:

Ricks mentally unbalanced and I'm pretty sure Carl is dead and he's just gone batshit crazy, I went back and reread the issues and Carl didn't seem to interact with anyone but Rick. At least that's what I think.

I am actually excited to see this new turn, I was really getting tired of the enemy within style story lines and Rick's just endless moping.

Pretty sure the doctor has interacted with Carl quite a bit. She's been cleaning his wound since Rick can't stomach looking at it. Also I believe Andrea has checked in on him from time to time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm interested in the new story line but Issue 93 was a large piece of poo poo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

JossiRossi posted:

Maybe issue 100 will be the last.

Seriously the end is the ONLY thing I feel there is to look forward to.

I don't see it ending as long as the show is on the air.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This is the first time in a long time that I actually laughed after reading a comic. And not in a good way.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

foxatee posted:

Same here. Lately (and especially with this one) I've finished an issue and think, "Did I really just pay for that?"

I get the feeling they are stretching out a rather thin story line in order to hit 100. It felt very forced that hey had to throw in one walker for them to kill

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

Well as I expected Rick didn't die.

However it was brutal when Neegan killed Glenn. But Neegan just feels like Governor 2.0, and they left all the strong fighting characters so unless he has something really cool up his sleeve it it seems it will all end the same way.

I figured Glen was going to die. They pretty much telegraphed it with the pregnancy and the whole "no really, when I get back things will be better!" speeches.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Maybe Rick's group will split now into different factions. Some blaming Rick for what happened, some staying with Rick no matter what, and some hating Rick because if he had just played along to being with, none of this would have happened.

Also Carl is funnier when you read his lines in Bobby Hill's voice.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

When they first started exploring the prison they noted that some zombies just layed there and made no effort to come after them or give chase. They would bite but only if you stood right beside them. They mentioned this on the TV show as well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

No. Based on what they saw in Atlanta, they know cities are complely overrun with the Dead.

The CDC was in the TV show only and they state that the entire world is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

For some reason I've assigned Bobby Hill's voice to Carl in my head while reading the last few issues.

• Locked thread