Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Rick looks like a hybrid of the TV show version and Tony Moore's art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Doesn't Kirkman pretty much run Image now though? He's probably in the same boat McFarlane was with Spawn around this issue range as well ... where nothing is really happening because you are overextended running the company, doing the TV stuff, movie stuff etc.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There has to be some kind of swerve to the whole community of Jesus'.

Like that whole stabbing of their mayor was a set up so they could use Rick's group to take out some people they didn't like. I could be wrong and the community could legitimitely decent ... but nothing surprises you anymore.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well as I expected Rick didn't die.

However it was brutal when Neegan killed Glenn. But Neegan just feels like Governor 2.0, and they left all the strong fighting characters so unless he has something really cool up his sleeve it it seems it will all end the same way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I won't spoiler it since it makes no sense without context, but the vampire bat line made me chuckle.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I do like Neegan, he's less flamboyant, and less of a carney than the Governor. He's more of a straight up cock-sure business man.

Although I wasn't expecting Rick's party to get attacked. I figured they were going to level the settlement and have Rick and company come back to nothing.

But the writing just seems obvious that they are going to use the week before Neegan's people come back to plan some attack.

Instead of being some big spectacle that shakes their world, a character died quite brutally then business as usual. That was a bit of a let down after the hype they put on this issue.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Risky posted:

Maybe I should go back and read 100 but I could have sworn that they only had melee weapons.

Even if that's the case he has a gun with like 6 bullets against 50 people?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe if they kill Negan, all his hillbilly followers shut down, like those hosed up GI Joe twins.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Alright I'm already tired of Neegan and all his cock analogies.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I type it as I pronounce it, GOD!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I actually really liked #107.

Until the end where we are apparently going to meet the wise and powerful George Clinton.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh Rick, Negan liked you too!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Negan just doesn't know how to make friends, poor guy.

The same could probably be said for Rick.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't know Negan is a ball buster but he seems to take care of his people. They just need to follow his rules, or the punishments are pretty severe.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Clearly Jesus will become Judas and stab Rick in the back!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Did the show kill Laurie and the baby? I didn't bother watching after season 1.

Just Lori, the baby is currently missing in action though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Brain Aged posted:

Didnt Kirkman say that cutting off Ricks hand was a stupid decision on his part and that he wished he had never did it.

If he did say that it's only because he wants to be lazy with his writing. Rick missing hand means he has to put a bit more planning and thought into the situations Rick is in.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why Eli Roth? Because he hit someone with a bat in a movie?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh hey another chapter in the ALL OUT WAR came out today.

There has been a serious lack of Negan of late but it is nice to see him back. I'm going to assume the sexy picture of Dwight on the cover means he most likely will be saving the day somehow.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Was it actually dead Holly? Sometimes I have a hard time telling characters apart.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Definitely her.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140108174351/walkingdead/images/d/d8/Holly_Zombie.JPG

Welp! Negan saved her from a rape, but killed her anyway.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

New issue today, Negan grenades the place, Dwight does some under cover stuff, and Hilltop comes and saves the day. Still gonna be sad when Negan dies.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling they're simply NOT going to defeat Negan... :ohdear:

We can only hope.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think it's pretty obvious that Dwight didn't dip his arrow in zombie stuff that he shot Rick with.

Doesn't this war thing end in like 2 more issues?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Or it could just go to prove that Negan's philosophy was completely wrong. I don't believe he actually is shown testing it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well this issue was a whole bunch of padding.

But it's pretty much confirmed the zombie soaked weapons do cause people to get sick. Sooooo most likely Dwight did not dip his bolt.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I feel like Rick just became Negan.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

But who's to say Negan wasn't just playing along and Rick pulled the knife on him faster?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm not gonna be able to get to the store today, what ends up happening?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Haha, yes every arc we are told things are never going to be the same and ... welp!

Maybe Rick wants to keep Negan around for his great sense of humor ?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Love the Carl/Negan dynamic.

Although, does this mean Rick has Negan chained up in his own basement?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You are roughly ten issues behind.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So really 133 is more of the same from last issue. However now Andrea is getting friendly with the new people who stopped her in the house to talk to her.

I kind of feel like this is setting up that those new people survived so long because they were part of the crew of dudes dressed up as zombies and they are working together somehow. I dunno I kind of hope I'm wrong though, but it feels like a Kirkman angle.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think it's in a good place right now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Negan isn't a fan of rape, so clearly he is the man to destroy these people.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm pretty sure that is exactly where this is all leading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why do you all think she did it? She could have just ordered others to do it while she went and had her talk with Rick.

• Locked thread