Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I think Abe is going to end Doc Mullet after Doc turns out to be a fraud. I hope Carl and Rick are going to be able ride out their impromptu confessions. That was some heavy stuff for Rick to drop on Carl (if Carl understands it) but more so what Carl told Rick... I'd hate for those two to end up on the wrong side of Andrea's rifle.

I'm really jazzed that the show isn't going to be a recap of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

BOOMAN posted:

I just started to read this, its incredible. went straight on to amazon and bought the compendium issues 1-48 (over 1000 pages that will keep me going for a while!

You'll be done with it in one night. Get a box of tissues - you'll use them either way.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Cardboard Box A posted:

A local comics shop moved recently and dumped a lot of their stock, I picked up the first four TPBs for a dollar each. Anything I should know that isn't in the character guide in the first post?

If you value your virginal state, tread softly for bare spoilers lavish in every post.

LadyPictureShow posted:

...Then i realized it really seemed to tunnel vision in on Rick, Glenn and Michonne. Now it's Rick, Carl and Abe. I liked the side characters (like those conversations between Hershel and Axel in the prison)...

I hope that the focus will shift away from Rick and Carl and give us a fresh perspective. I think Stumbly Wumbly brought up an interesting point - some members of the group trying to reintegrate into a "normal life" would be interesting. Glenn and Andrea are the only ones I think that could make the jump back to "normal." Maybe Rick could, but Carl is probably very deeply broken.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

BOOMAN posted:

What do you mean? Its gets really good or really bad or do I become really horny?

Anyone own the omnibus vol.1? Is it worth buying?

It gets really good, it gets really sad and yes, you will feel funny in your pants.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hope not, I'm looking forward to some old fashioned hiding in the ruins.

I think they're going for the re-integration bit. Bill Maher is way to clean and happy to have been surviving in the wilds. After Carls talk at the beginning of the issue, I'm glad to see that he's hasn't gone crazy (yet.)

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I could dig a Michone or Abe spin off mini-series. The story they have to tell is a little bit different then what I've come to expect from TWD. Thinking about it, I don't think anyone could take over for Rick. There would have to be an easy transition over a few issues to bring a new character up to speed. I think everyone agrees that Rick has been beat to hell though... is this TWD's last arc?

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I'm going to throw in that Ricks group will cause a division among the settlement that will ultimately cause its destruction. Half of the people will think the group is savage and needs to be expelled. The other half will argue that they just need time to re-adjust.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

FilthyImp posted:

That would actually be a decent route. It would give Kirkman the possibility to fragment the group again (as they did with the Farm/RV/Prison) and shuffle people in or out.

I always felt that the end of the prison arc was an easy way to remove some extra characters/situations that maybe weren't all that interesting to write for. The group is pretty bare bones right now though...

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I'm good for another six issues of this I think.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
We can balance out a little people drama with some zombie action by including some Runners in the story. I hope they don't take the easy way out and have zombies overrun the town. There are too many interesting ways this can go, and I'd be upset if they didn't stretch it out for a few issues. I mean, the jail was pretty boring and we got plenty of that.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Current Prediction: Glenn is going to get caught. The town is going to look to Rick to deal with Glenn.

I really like Abe's character, I'm glad the krink wielding badass is human and doesn't want to go back on the other side of the wall.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I really liked how Abe was portrayed. The guy went from scared to rear end kicking to hard working. I'm kind of upset that Abe went from running a Krink to some sort of AR/Krink hybrid. I think we have another issue or two (maybe three if Glenn gets an issue dedicated to a supply run) before we see what direction we're headed.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
how long are you going to troubleshoot a computer when the dead hunger for your flesh?

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Glenn's going to be fine. I know this issue was standard length, but it felt short to me. Probably because there were so many different threads going on that none of them got more then three pages.

I guess the big question is, does Douglas feel threatened by Ricks group? I'm not sure that he does.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Carls dead too.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
:aaa: I didn't see that coming. Yeah, everyone else is going to die - heck, maybe even Rick. Not Carl though. I'm more interested to see where this book is going now. If Carl doesn't die the books going in the trash.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
If it wasn't for the preceding five eight years, it would have been cliche... The kid still has to die though.

Scarecrow411 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 5, 2011

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Carls the new telephone, I can dig that for now.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Straight filler issue. Still waiting for Carl to die. Glad Rick and Andrea got some quality bonding time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Goddamnit.

• Locked thread