Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

The treatment of children and men in comics is in no way similar to the treatment of females. If you really think it's as simple as that then you're missing the point entirely.

That said, the term, "Women in Refrigators" is so misused by now it's practically a joke.

Yes but in terms of this particular comic book I don't think it applies at all. It's not like there aren't plenty of male characters that have also died just to "add to" another character. It's a part of the book, that no one is safe at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but i heard somewhere that the whole series has taken place over less than a year, probably closer to the 9-10 month mark. As far as i can remember, it's only been one winter, although it's probably getting close to another one.

It must be longer than that though, Rick's wife had time to get pregnant and have the baby. It was alive for a while, and it's been a while since they died too. I'm thinking it's probably 12-15 months.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Firstly, you can definitely tell the general direction of a gunshot from a mile away. I actually find that the closer it is, the harder is it to tell where it came from.
Secondly, there were a shitload of gunshots, not just one. It's consistent with the rest of the book so far that loud noises attract them. Pretty soon they are going to be up to their rear end in zombies! I'm looking forward to "No Way Out".

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

Regarding Lori and Shane, I think Kirkman did things a lot better. Shane and Lori are ultimately good people that made a mistake. Lori was able to try to move beyond it. Shane couldn't deal after Rick came back.

In the show, Shane is a sleazy misogynistic douche. His first exchange with Lori is him treating her like a child. I have no idea why Lori is attracted to him. You can make up some motivations for her, but those are irrelevant since the show doesn't present them.

I cannot over emphasize how much better the show would be if it exclusively focused on Rick and had his family being in the camp a twist for the third episode.

I think it all boils down to this: They are just working harder to make Shane seem more of a "villain", given what is probably going to happen to him at the end of the season.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Morand posted:

What trades would follow from where I ended?

If you're reading TPBs you are up to Vol 9, if you're reading HCs you are up to Vol 5. (source: Wikipedia)

• Locked thread