Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Eh, both Kirkman and the show seem to have the same issue of 'Hello, I'm a generally unused character, I'd like to be important now. Whoops, I died!'

It's a little frustrating in that it's such an easy thing to fix.

Like, just write the character development stuff for your characters anyway regardless of whether they're dying soon or not. Then, if and when the time comes for a character to die, the legwork is done, and the dramatic death scene is already earned. No need to shoehorn last-minute character development in now!

I mean, it sounds so obvious I don't understand why he doesn't; he's proven he can do character development - because he does it every time someone is about to die!

Kirkman, why you no do the simple thing I just described, that people have been saying you should do for years and makes perfect sense and would improve your stories immensely? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Haha, even with your description I still can't for the life of me remember who Jimmy is. I guess that's a side effect of how long it takes for comics to come out.

Incidentally - and this wasn't originally intended as a snarky troll-bait question, more of a "why are comics the way they are?" thing - why exactly does it take so long for these (or any) comics to come out? Especially these ones which aren't even loving coloured in. It's about 20-30 pages of lovely drawings and about a side of A4 or two's worth of written content. Why does it take a loving month or two for one of these to get done? When you look at the end result it isn't anything that can't be knocked out in a couple of days tops if minds were put to the task.*

Ok maybe an amount of snark was intended there, granted. But still, wha'tha gently caress?

I saw the latest issue was the first of a 6-parter. Guess I'll be back in a year or so when that's done to read it in an otherwise boring half-hour...

*This was your latest "guy who knows gently caress all about the medium who watches the lovely tv show comes windmilling in here asking the same loving questions everyone who dips their feet into comics asks" post. It was mostly posted in good faith though because I genuinely want to know the source of this frustration I'm feeling.

• Locked thread