Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
I'll see you again in 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Been introducing this to my girlfriend, and we've just passed the episode where the killer is revealed.

She's absolutely terrified of Bob and Possessed Leland, and didn't ever suspect it might have been Leland. I was trying to pick up on any foreshadowing since I didn't first time, but didn't really see any apart from him offing Jacques which is very plausible anyway

Another thing to notice is the reactions Sarah and Leland have to each other: Sarah screaming "What is going on in this house?" and then, at the funeral, "Don't ruin THIS too!" Also, at the beginning of episode 4 Leland basically mocks Sarah's visions in front of the police.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Lord Krangdar posted:

I thought the killer was always meant to be Leland, but then the BOB stuff came about when Lynch was asked to add a closed ending for the international version of the pilot and he liked the look of one of the grips on the set (who became BOB). I could be wrong, though.

Frank Silva was a set decorator, and was moving furniture in Laura's room at the location in Washington while the pilot was being filmed. Someone was warning him to not move the furniture in a way that would block him from exiting, something along the lines of, "Frank, don't lock yourself in there!" David Lynch overheard this and imagined him locked in Laura's room, and he saw a picture in his mind of Silva at the foot of Laura's bed. Lynch ran over and asked him if he happened to be a union actor. Silva said yes, and so they very quickly filmed a shot panning across Laura's room with Silva at the bed, without any idea how it could be used. (This is the shot that is in the international, "closed" version of the pilot, not the shot that was used in the series. That was shot on a set.)

Then, later, when they were shooting Sarah having the vision of Jacoby's hand picking up the necklace and screaming, Lynch said "Perfect!" But Ron Garcia, the DP, said, no, they had to do it again because you could see Frank Silva in the mirror. Lynch loved that even more, and that's when he started thinking about BOB and used him for the "closed" ending, and later, the series.

Lynch and Frost both say they know who the killer was while they were writing the pilot, but I've heard others dispute this, and say it's the same false "master plan" retconning like Lucas claiming he had everything mapped out for all the Star Wars films from the beginning. They definitely knew/decided before they started mapping out the second season.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

notthegoatseguy posted:

That's a really high total for booze.

She's at a supermarket, so she might also be buying other things in addition to booze.

• Locked thread