Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hi, Twin Peaks thread in The TV IV! I am a massive, long-time fan of the show and I am currently doing a let's play of ode-to-Twin-Peaks video game Alan Wake. As a bonus feature for said let's play, I'm doing big thoughtposts about the series episode-by-episode and prompting discussion for the thread. I want more people to watch this marvel of television. It's intended for people who are just watching the show for the first time, but I'd be happy to have some of you folks joining the discussion if you'd like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was going to do a let's play of Deadly Premonition (which is much closer in tone) but that game is so incredibly not fun to play that I can't do it, which is a shame. There's a real good one out there to watch already. As I said in another thread, I'm making do with what I have!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes! In views! And more attention drawn to the wonderful and thrilling adventures of James Hurley, man with a motorcycle.

edit: But really, I just thought it'd be fun because I recently rewatched the series. Its connection to the let's play stuff is tenuous at best.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 15, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Luchadork posted:

My god this S2 James subplot is a garbage fire.

It is, yes. Thankfully however it serves to keep James quarantined to his own ongoing activities, far away from all of the important characters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Luchadork posted:

So is Lara Flynn Boyle not coming back again? I don't want another Fake Donna.

Edit: Also no Hawk or Lucy or Andy or Truman, this is an outrage. That's like a whole other cover right there.

Michael Ontkean is retired from acting, so if Harry comes back they're gonna have him recast. :smith:

And yeah, Lara Flynn Boyle isn't coming back (again). Her actress from Fire Walk With Me is also not on the cast list so either Donna's just not in it or they're gonna recast her a second time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also Audrey's continued state of living is owed to Pete, who shielded her from the bomb and died in the blast if The Secret History of Twin Peaks is to be believed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh gently caress yes to all of those.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am excited to watch James continue to be a manbaby because it means the people of Twin Peaks will have had to put up with him for the past 25 years.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

sout posted:

"I'm gunna do it, I'm gunna just get on my bike and ride on out of this drat town."
"Okay, James, that's fine."
"What, you think I won't do it? I'm gunna do it this time."

Maybe that's why Donna might not be in the new season. She just got tired of James being a wuss despite now being an adult and left town to get away from him. :haw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We finally, finally will know how Annie is. I suspect we will not like the answer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The doorknob face CG will look much better this time at least.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I now know what Lucy sees in him

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

hop in loser we're going to the black lodge

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Under the vegetable posted:

Hope Josie makes a surprise return from the doorknob

She's not listed on the cast list and reports say Joan Chen isn't coming back. But hey, maybe she'll at least be referenced at some point, knock on wood.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just wanted to make the knock on wood joke ok, I am positive nobody has made that joke in the over 20 years' span between then and now and it is still fresh and original

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't think the show will answer what happened to Coop right away, but I think it will be answered. It will probably become a running mystery throughout the show, knowing Lynch, but I'm certain it will be revealed considering people have been asking the guy "what the hell happened to Coop after Twin Peaks" for 25 years. He knows it's like the only thing people actually want to know after the tease you get in Fire Walk With Me. Sure, his thing is that he doesn't cave to people asking him to do things, but considering how utterly integral it is to the show, I really doubt he's gonna handwave it away. They just won't show their full hand immediately.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'm still hoping he's Andy and Lucy's kid.

:eyepop: My god that'd be perfect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > TWIN PEAKS SEASON 3: An FBI Agent Goes Around Playing Good Coop/Bad Coop

Truly, he is a government man even on the supernatural metaphysical level.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cooper should not have been paired with anybody.

edit: Well, except for his true soul-mate Harry, but it would have taken some convincing to tear him away from Josie I think.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It has always kinda bothered me that they doubled back on Cooper being a no-relationship-drama dude in season 2. He's like the only character that doesn't partake in that stuff and actively removes himself from it when it starts up around him... and then it just happens anyway from a different source.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, yeah but. What if Season 2. Didn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The first thing Harry asks when Cooper mentions them while recounting the dream is "Mike and Bobby??" and Coop just handwaves it away with "No, different Mike and different Bob" and then it's never mentioned again so... Yeah I really don't know.

• Locked thread