Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipped
Jan 9, 2007

shipwrek posted:

I have two near misses. One my own fault and one thats just bizarre and involves produce.

Brussel sprouts

That has to be the weirdest thing to be hit with short of a sex toy. How big were they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipped
Jan 9, 2007

The other day I was taking the bike out for a wintery ride. A rare nice day in New England February that was to good to pass up. I rode for a good two hours around town through back roads and old neighborhoods, reliving memories from my childhood. I came around a nice sweeping right hand turn to see the Crypt Keeper driving a BMW across the double yellow into my lane. Fortunately the sand at the shoulder wasn't plentiful and disaster was avoided, for now.

About a mile later I was coming down a very steep hill towards a red light on route 9, a fairly major road around here. The last stretch of road before the intersection is heavily shaded, and I did not see the oil/diesel spill on the ground. When I applied the brakes the speedo dropped to zero, then shot back up to 20. I figured I would lowside into traffic, but suddenly ABS clicked on. Praise God for ABS.

Then I went home.

• Locked thread