Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

No bugs in my helmet, but I was taking a corner at a light and there was something flat on the ground that I went over and could feel my tire slide out a bit before it caught the asphalt again. I thought for sure my front was going to wash out and low side me. Just after a guy at the light was telling me how nice my bike was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

gently caress, I want a KLR.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Was in a hurry last night to get to the dealership before they closed to get a new oil filter, and hosed up my foot. I was following a car too close, maybe 10 feet back, and the car in front of then slammed on their brakes, and so did they. Went to swerve out of the way, truck on my right so I couldn't get over far, and suicide lane on the left, but a car was turning into it and I figured I'd hit them. To avoid becoming One With the Car I swerve to the right, narrowly missing the car, but my left leg clips it. Legs fine, foots hosed up. I think I essentially kicked the bumper, with the angle it hit. I did not crash. Pulled over in a side street for 15 minutes then rode home.

I did have boots on, but working boots. Just leather and hard toes. The toes kinda bent back and cut the top of my foot, which while minor was a little unnerving that if it was harder I could've lost my toes. Doc said chipping, possible ligament damage, but no full on breaks.

I pulled over, but the car didn't show up so I don't know if they're even aware it what happened. Lesson learned: be patient and take my loving time.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I was in a parking lot yesterday, and there was a speed bump, well two. It's level with the road in the middle. I went to cut through that part and avoid the speed bump, and I didn't notice the water there until I was about to hit it. There is a line painted down the middle of the road, so it was whatever slippery poo poo they use for that + water, in a curve. My back tire slides (I'm doing 10-15) and catches the other speed bump, gripping and shooting me forward. It wasn't that close of a call, but there was a lady holding her child on the side letting me go by first, and if I would have low sided, I'm pretty sure it would have been right into them. It was over 100 yesterday, why is there water on the road!!

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I pick up the rear end end of my cbr500r all the time with he pillion handles, no issue. Trying to keep the bike upright on an incline after slipping in gravel though, hooooly poo poo I thought I broke my back.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hmmm... yes... hitting a trespassing motorcyclist with a golf cart absolutely falls under the realm of "observe and report":cop:

I wish some sumos would come hoon it up at my work. I would definitely "observe and report join in"

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Shiiiiit that was close. Glad they missed ya though.

I was riding yesterday and was right next to this SUVs driver side window and out of nowhere they merge right into me. Barely braked fast enough to get out of the way. When I got a chance I pulled up next to the driver and looked at them and the bitch wouldn't even look at me.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I crashed in two HJC CL-MAX II and my head was fine and that's what matters the most.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Narrowly avoided being tboned by inches. I was leaving work and the road out front is 1 lane each way, with a turn lane in the middle. There was a car coming from my left, checked to the right, and back to the left. The car was pulling into our lot, so I start pulling out and going and as I'm in the middle of the road and car about half the size of the one pulling in just barely missed me. I didn't see this car at all. They were passing the car pulling in, and were driving in the turn lane to go around them. This is super common on this road and I should've just waited but I was ready to go and didn't see the other car at all during both checks. Probably my closest to ever being in an accident with another car. The craziest part to me was my reaction. A very nonchalant "oh that was close," I don't think my blood pressure even spiked. Also I should've gave it more throttle to get clear but I don't recall giving it any more than my normal leaving work speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I knew who the person was, otherwise I would've waited for that too. I see too many people driving around with their blinker on to risk pulling out in front of some random.

• Locked thread