Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
A friend and I were riding the Great Ocean Road back in Summer. He was on his R1 and me on my SFV650.

I was doing about 171km/h along this particular straight near the 12 Apostles. He was probably about a good 400m behind me (we weren't racing, obviously) and out of nowhere this little bird which I'm assuming was a magpie or some similar looking bird just flies in front of me, all I hear is this "FOOF" and that was it, my bike sort of took a sharp dip to the left towards the gravel, luckily I pulled out of it and managed to pull over. My mate pulls up alongside me in tears of laughter. He took his helmet off and between laughing fits he manages to say "all I saw was this little black blur and then an explosion of feathers. Funniest loving thing I've ever seen"

I checked the bike to see where it had hit and couldn't find anything, no feathers lodged in the radguard, no bits of bird anywhere, I'm thinking maybe it connected with the forks or something??? still to this day it is a mystery to me, but I wish I could have seen the explosion of feathers I left behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread