Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

Another Arizona goon? We've had heavy storms the past few days here and it ended up being the first real rain riding I've done on the zx6r. I found out quickly that heavy throttle will break traction in first gear easily... which is fine, until you start loving with it to try and feel the bike out 'in a controlled situation' and almost highside yourself to the moon like a dipshit.

You even live in Phoenix where you have a proper drain system and not this abomination that we do in Tucson.

For content, I almost died after accidentally wheelieing over a hill tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Modern Day Hercules posted:

No there are legitimately some unsolved questions about motorcycle/bicycle physics. This article touches on it a little bit, but one big thing is we don't really know the reason why bikes stay upright when they're moving. We literally don't know what physical properties of a bike cause it to behave that way. Science isn't a RTS tech tree. We can do crazy advanced poo poo while still having weird unanswered questions floating around.

To test the relative contributions of these factors, the authors eventually built their own computer model of a bicycle and started playing around with various features. It turned out that they could eliminate both the gyroscopic and the negative trail factors, and the bike would still be stable as long as it was moving faster than 2.3 meters (7.5 feet) per second.

Just saying.

• Locked thread