Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Riding back from BC up the number 93, I almost got tuned by someone in an orange Mazda3 or similar. Two-lane highway, dotted yellow line, he was passing an RV who had pulled over halfway onto the shoulder to let him around. This stuck him halfway into the oncoming lane (his) and halfway into mine as we passed eachother. I'm probably only typing this tonight because I had been on the far side of the lane to avoid an SUV that I thought was going to pull that stunt, though the SUV had made it around his target and I was starting to drift back towards the centerline.

It's that last part that really bothers me, I was still thinking about the last guy and failed to spot the Mazda until he was right on top of me. Fuckin'ell.

On the bright side, if I had been in my car, we woulda creamed eachother's driver-side headlight at a closing speed of about 240 kph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ElMaligno posted:

If they made the KLR1200 or even the KLR1000, I would get one.

Only if it was still a single cylinder. Just a monstrous fuckoff piston, chugging slow enough you could dance to it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that they're out there, and they have licenses.

I pulled off the road to get a picture of this double switchback, and as I was getting off the bike, a guy in a station wagon dove all the way to the inside (opposite) lane as he came around the closer turn. A biker came down from the other direction like ten seconds later. Maybe the wagon driver saw that nobody was coming yet, and took the chance, but gently caress you buddy that's a terrible habit.

Meeting the wagon of death in a blind corner is one of my nightmares. There's only so much you can prepare for.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It just snowed in the mountains west of town.

• Locked thread