Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

redscare posted:

I don't know what it is about those things, but they consistently seem to be driven by the worst drivers around. I always give them a very wide birth.

I think the Top Gear logic applies here: If they're voluntarily driving a car that's as awful to drive as a Prius, they probably don't care about driving. And if they don't care about driving, they're probably pretty lousy at it (the same way that I'm a lovely cook, because I don't care about food). And if they're lousy at it, they shouldn't be driving and should have their licenses taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Radio-Controlled posted:

I was coming into a 90 degree right turn, and somehow instead of going down one gear I went down two and let the clutch out too fast. I also did that while making said right turn. The back wheel chirped and broke loose but got rolling again before it lowsided. Scared the poo poo out of me.

Next step: Getting a Supermoto and doing this purposefully on every turn.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
PICS or it didn't happen. This needs to be documented.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Boat posted:

Also, don't move to China.

That is AMAZING. The weirdest part is just how low-speed they all are, most of them look to be at like 15mph. Do they not have stop signs there? Are the drivers REALLY THAT oblivious to anything going on around them? Just . . . how the gently caress do some of those happen? A lot of them seem to be people crashing into each other at barely above idle speed!

Case in point at 2:05. Just . . . how the gently caress does that happen?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Managed to avoid an embarrassing lowside today, going around this one strange corner that would have a perfect line, if it weren't for the three manhole covers that are basically smack in the middle of where you'd want the tires to go. Somehow, I forget they are there every time. Came in kinda hot (It's slightly looser then a 90 degree intersection, but not much), leaned it over, thought "Oh, this was dumb", and decked out the saddlebag HARD, and long. Felt the rear wheel skitter across the pavement, but I was basically through the corner by that point and stood it back up without issues.

First thought in my head: "I wonder if the people who saw/heard that thought I was really bad-rear end and cool, or thought I was a jackass who almost crashed?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I was behind her (on her Ninja) when it happened, and it loving blew my mind. I mean, what are the chances? I have to give her MASSIVE props for remaining cool and composed through all of it and not panicking with a giant handful of brake or a haphazard duck/weave/dodge, even though it had to be a huge surprise of OMGWTF all at once.

• Locked thread