Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Yesterday riding the F4i from the gym back to work, I was making a right on red into the closest lane of a heavily trafficked 2 lane road. I accelerated hard into the lane and I gave it a bit too much throttle because the rear tire spun up and the back end started coming out pretty far. It was too quick for me to consciously react but I held steady throttle and saved it from a low side and luckily didn't highside.

I was coming from a basketball game literally 4 blocks away all I was wearing was a tanktop, basketball shorts and my Nikes. That would've hurt to drop it and slide sideways under a car going 40 mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
heh yeah I know it was retarded, no excuses.

I think a big factor was that I was so exhausted after running full-speed up and down the court for 2 hours that I was making poor judgment calls on the bike. Like at the end of the day at the track when you screw up a little thing you wouldn't usually, just because of overall tiredness.

Aside, there's nothing worse than putting on a tight full-face helmet when your head and face are drenched in sweat

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

was she impressed?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I almost never touch the rear brake. I've started to carefully use it in low traction situations and low speed maneuvers though.

Never use it at the track and I'm out braking 95% of other bikes out there

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Seriously, I *love* cloverleafs. There's one I use everyday about 3 minutes from my house to get on and off the freeway and then one for my work exit. They are the highlights of my commute

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Look how heavy that traffic is right when the video starts, he had a good amount of space in front of him, i wouldn't fault him there. Also just because he locked his rear for a split second doesn't mean he broke too hard or was out of control at all. It possibly took some of his attention away though

About the only thing he could've done was watch the mirrors closer once he slowed enough to not hit the car in front and moved to one side or the other. This was a lovely incident and the guy would've had to be superman to get out of it.

I know I would've been pancaked as bad as this poor guy if some rear end in a top hat behind me didn't even touch the brakes in that situation

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Was it possible he just happened to open his door to get a caught seatbelt or dump some ice or something?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I've done both of the last two many times in cars and on bikes. It's a lot more important to be careful of these on the bike though.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

I started overtaking across dashed lines and didn't quite get back over before the double lines started. I was going maybe 90-100kph during overtaking. The double lines were there because a left turn lane was coming up (they like to start the double lines well in advance here).

I sped up after I got back in my own lane.

I feel for you man, I'm sure 99% of all riders have done the same kind of thing (including the lurker morons chastising you) and to get busted like that is really lame. Since you obviously weren't actively putting anyone in danger I wish the police would exercise a little discretion in these kinds of cases.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

mootmoot posted:

Written off brah. With personal injury claim monies going on I'm going to get something with more grunt. They don't make 675Rs in red yet so it'll be an upgrade.

You have no sense of self-preservation do you? I think you're funny and all but you are seriously bad at motorcycles and you're going to die pretty soon.

Get your rear end to a racetrack and learn something before you gently caress up for the last time.

aventari fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 20, 2012

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Gnaghi posted:

Don't know if this counts as a crash but a guy edged out into traffic and then backed up into my WRX

You were riding a WRX :psyduck:

Must be awkward to throw a leg over

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Went liking for something to combine with my gloves last night but had pretty much resigned myself to buying winter gloves. Where did you get your liners?

I have these http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/gloves/glove_liners/tour_master/silk_motorcycle_glove_liners.html and they are so much better than bulky, unwieldy winter gloves. They help against the cold a lot more than you would think by looking at them.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I rev instead of using the horn quite a bit. It's a habit I got driving my car around for many years without a horn and with a loud exhaust. I don't come close to bouncing it off the rev limiter like this guy, just a large blip that takes a lot less concentration and doesn't require hand repositioning like fumbling around for the horn does. For me it's a lot safer and easier. If I'm really mad (and not furiously swerving to avoid something) then I'll jam the horn button too.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

slidebite posted:

I know people make mistakes, but I'm considering calling the police dept to complain.

How quaint

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I ride a lot and commute on my bike everyday but I don't seem to have nearly as many near death experiences as I see posted here. I think being visible is a big part of that, and I ride around all of the time with my high beam on. Anyone else do this?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I lied, do most of my riding in the day and that's when the high beam is on. I actually do turn it off at night when there's traffic in front of me because yeah that is annoying at night. Unless I'm behind a jacked-up bro truck. gently caress them

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

28/32 should be fine in fact that's about what I run at the racetrack. How far were you leaned over and how was your bp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

AngryGuy posted:

Almost loving bought it to a car pulling out in front of me last night when I was coming home. A few blocks from my house on a road where the speed limit is about 45. I see a guy pulling up to a stop sign from a residential cross street on my right and I had a feeling he was just going to go and cut out in front of me so I let off the throttle and started covering my brakes. Sure enough, he waits until I'm really close and then pulls out directly in front of me to make a left hand turn. Luckily I was ready for it but I still came really close because of how close I was when he decided to pull out. He also made the decision that his best course of action once he realized he'd made a mistake was to stop directly in my lane. I could have reached out and touched his loving car.

Speaking of riding at night and visibility, I really can't believe I have not changed the headlight on my Daytona 675 after all this time, the stock headlight is completely pitiful. I still might do it even though I'm planning on selling it sometime soon.

Please say you laid on your horn or yelled or something

• Locked thread