Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
I had a good one on my scooter last week:

Theres a bridge on the way out of town that they are widening to 4 lanes near where I live. Anyways right before you go over there is a pothole right in the middle of the road. Rather, it used to be a pothole. I've been living in this town for going on 6 months now, and everytime I go over it gets a little bigger. Anymore its more of a shallow ditch.

Last weekend I was doing a trip into the city, and as I was coming up on the bridge the light there changed to yellow. I had my scooter at the rev limiter (about ~80km), and given where I was at had plenty of time to get through the light. It was only as I entered the intersection that I remembered the pothole/ditch. I hit the brakes, but I still hit it at about 60km. I slammed into the other side right on the frame before bouncing up onto the bridge. I recovered ok, but I was loosing power on the bridge, and barely nursed it over (there are no shoulders on the bridge to stop on). Turns out I'd gashed the fuel line in the impact pretty bad, and was spilling gas all over the side of road.

I nursed it back over the bridge to a near-by mechanic who got it fixed up for me. Thankfully scooter repairs out here are cheap, and it only cost me ~$3 US to get it fixed.

Moral of the story: I hate potholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread