Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisFarley
Jan 3, 2004

Well buckle up, Rupert...'cuz I've turned pro.
I've got about three months and 6,000 miles experience so far, and I learn something every time I ride.

Scene: Five lanes, two in each direction plus a turn lane. Approaching the crest of a hill so I can't see very far in front of me.

Me: Far right lane, traveling at posted speed limit, 40mph.

Him: Drunk driver (presumably) driving into oncoming traffic, all the way over in my lane and driving erratically, coming directly at me.

As I approached the top of the hill I saw the headlights coming at me but I don't think my brain processed it right away. Once I realized just what the gently caress was happening I was able to swerve and miss the SUV by what I'm guessing was a few feet. Adrenaline, then calm, then rage.

Ironically, I'd been practicing swerving earlier in the ride on the empty freeway by trying to swerve quickly between the painted lines. I'd seen that posted somewhere in CA before so every time I change lanes I'm practicing that.

Moral: Take the goddamn MSF class. Those swerve drills probably saved my life tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread