Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Last night.

Me: thundering down a darkened road on a EX500, ~50 mph, Honda Accord full of friends behind me.

Mature Adult Deer: across the road from me on my left swiftly transforming itself into a tan, wavy streak and prolonging itself from over there to my side of the road, its impatience so great that it was a dimly visible undulation from the first nanosecond of its appearance.

Ninja 500R: sudden deceleration by force of a recently-replaced front brake pad through an intensely applied hand, causing the red-emblazoned body mounted on Sport Demons to fishtail.

Result: missing the meteoric deer by nothing, by millimeters, by hairs brushing upon my headlight, along with the simultaneous eruption of fecal matters in the seats of the car behind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I always thought the odd Exploder, Suburban or F250 I saw in Australia were being, but gently caress me dead was I unprepared for poo poo even bigger than those when I went to the States.

I've been :rant: 'ing since gas prices rolled back down. Why can't we motorcyclists revel in $5 gas prices? Everybody has become so accustomed and :smug: in their SUV's with $3.75 - $4 prices.

Today after I got my back tire replaced on my 636, I was going back home with the gf driving her Honda Fit behind me in terrible traffic.

I would zoom across traffic lanes easily, as complacently as I could with my new tire. And she got persistently blocked from following me directly for long stretches of time by SUVs who were obnoxious in not letting her switch lanes by clustering together and refusing to acknowledge her blinker-using presence.

I kept on having to pull over as she shouldered through the groaning, speeding deluge of giant machines in my general direction. I found myself giving the "Are you loving stupid? Slow down" gestures to a few SUVs myself as I waited for her to catch up.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 5, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
so is the DRZ better than R1's?

• Locked thread