Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Jack the Smack posted:

You're right.

I remember an incident where I was trying to drive my drunk friend back to her house, and I was riding on the freeway. When I came to a banked interchange I had to stop (it was banked real hard and I was scared that I was gonna tip and fall off). There had just been a drunk driver who crashed on it and flipped, with the entire road blocked off. Cars were backed up pretty far and after waiting 15 minutes impatiently I made a U-turn and went backwards on the freeway, then made another U-turn and went on a different interchange, with a passenger on the back. I had nothing to drink that night since I was driving, but looking back on it for the past year I can't believe I actually decided to do that.

Can you elaborate on this "backwards on the freeway" thing?

Two years ago I was riding north on highway 1 on the California coast. At one point the road transitions from the coast and into the mountains. After 100 miles of mellow sweepers with good visibility the road suddenly turned into the woods in a much harder right than I'd been expecting. I spaced out and lock the rear, nearly blowing the turn into some trees. I got off the brakes and made the turn, but I crossed the double yellow. It wouldn't have been a bad wreck, but we were a 1000 miles from home, and a good distance from civilization too.

My mistake was riding for too long. My buddy and I were riding 15 hour days for 6 days...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
I doubt they consider a motorcycle's potential when designating passing sections. I pass on the double yellow at times, but its always in the back woods.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Jack the Smack posted:

Click here for the full 1575x470 image.

I went with the flow of traffic, but then it stopped completely dead and I waited for 15 minutes where the green line ends.

Click here for the full 1575x470 image.

Then I made a U-turn and went a different route instead of the one I originally went. It was 1 A.M. when I did this.

I guess it felt more banked that night, since I almost dropped the bike, than how google maps portrays it. Also I crossed over where the yellow object is in that google maps picture, across the solid white lines.

Was this before or after the golden gate bridge? Cause I know of that area pretty well.

haha you're crazy

I was way north of SF. This right hander http://tiny.cc/LxgnW

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Z3n posted:

turnouts

On my previously mentioned ride in CA, I noticed traffic was a lot more likely to use a turnout than up in Washington. Hell, people get on the gas when you pass up here. Big sur was full of priuses that wouldn't pull over, though...

• Locked thread