Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

ynotony posted:

I was riding on a 45mph 3 lane road approaching an intersection where our direction was green. The car in front of me starts slowing down, so I match. Our light was green, cars are flying by at 45+ mph, and I can see over the car and there is nothing in front (no traffic, accidents, etc). So I assume they are just adjusting their speed. The last thing I expect is for them to stop, but of course that is what they plan to do.

I didn't realize this right away because I had glanced in my mirror to try to get around him. Once I saw that I had to STOP, it was almost too late. I gave a little too much rear so it locked and slid out of alignment. I barely stopped in time (and upright), and then the car behind almost rear ended me. Turns out the guy thought he was in the left turn lane, where there was a red arrow. He turned his blinker on and waited patiently at his perfectly green light.

Moral: if someone is slowing down in front of you, don't ever glance away. Even if you are 99.9% sure they are just adjusting their speed, they might be making a complete stop.

I had a similar experience Friday night. I was riding in rush hour traffic and in the dark. I had quite a gap between me and the cars in front of me. I got on the throttle and noticed brake lights. Everyone rides their god drat brakes in Michigan so I just figured they were slowing down. Nope, there was a whole gaggle of cars at a complete stop. I hit both brakes for panic stop and I hit the rear brake a little too hard and locked it up. Stayed on the back brake and pumped the front brake and kept it all upright and didn't hit anyone or anything. drat that rear brake is touchy on my R6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread