Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
So I don't think I'm a dummy for this one, I'll with hold my comments about the other guy.

This morning on the way into work I'm in the left hand lane going around the bend of a two lane road... as I make it around a 90* bend there's a box truck in the left lane and we're about to have a head on meeting. Training takes over and I swerve around the guy and he trundles along.

Anyone notice anything entertaining about the left lane in this picture? The red line is my direction of travel and the blue line is the box truck:

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Sagebrush posted:

I don't feel too bad for the people on Can-Ams. Like yeah, it's not a motorcycle, but it's got to still be fun, right? Somewhat? People have plenty of fun on quads and a Can-Am is really just splitting the difference.

I won't forsake the Can-Ams just yet. I've had a few folks that were too old or had issues with extremities that wouldn't allow them to hold up a motorcycle at a stoplight come through my MSF course. They could barely make it through the course and only planned on buying trikes. It does fill a niche and they are (at least in my opinion) safer than the converted harleys or goldwings.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Verge posted:

What happens if I grab too much front? Pretty sure my cruiser will just lock and the poo poo will hit the fan but what about a sport bike, say, an sv650? end over end or lock or could be either?

Locking the front is a low-side. If you have fast enough reflexes and don't tense up, you can catch the front wheel skid/lockup and just release the brake to keep rolling.
If you don't get off the brake and or it goes over far enough to lose traction, it's a low side.

Here's a "lost traction on the front and the bike fell over":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLV5mkGH9E

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
4th of July, in Texas. It was advanced "dunk or texting" test while riding into work this evening.

• Locked thread