Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
I don't know if it makes me a dummy, but I was ATGATT and finding out what my bike was like on wet leaves this weekend. I'll tell you what, if I wasn't expecting my front wheel to push a bit on these leaves, I might have poo poo my pants.

I looped back around for the irony of the sign (I'm a n00b at 3.5 months 3k miles).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Had a little slide across a double yellow at about 50mph. It's a weird feeling having the bike jump sideways about 8 inches, definitely a heart in the throat moment.

FYI, it was a country highway that makes random 35pmh, 90 degree bends because of property lines and poo poo...so I had visibility up the road for at least a mile, and crossing the line was intentional.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Z3n posted:

Don't tell AI you violated the sacred double yellow, they'll flip their poo poo!

Yeah, I get it now. Being on the other side, not so bad. Encountering the traction change while crossing it is the scary part ;)

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Picked up the front wheel about 6 inches while turning right onto a highway from an intersection. Holy poo poo that was wild. I'll have to practice hard launches *in a straight line* without picking it up, I never want to do that while turning ever again. I'm really not used to the torque of this Monster 750.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

needknees posted:

Crosspostin 'dis from the trackday thread, because more people deserve to see how I almost died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHtChodNk0

"Just Hold On Loosely,
but don't let go
If you cling to tightly,
you're gonna lose control"

• Locked thread