Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Dschingis Khan posted:

Are there really people out there that are THIS bad at driving and are still alive? How do you not have any regard for the other people on the road's lives? :iiam:

Don't move to Florida. Nobody has any idea how to drive, but they're all terrible differently, so you can't even anticipate the stupidity. About the only good thing is that where I'm at there's a ton of pedal bike & scooter traffic, so people are marginally more aware of the smaller vehicles.

Also, don't move to China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

SlightlyMadman posted:

I can't imagine how that could happen, unless a car pushed you off. Unless you simply weren't attempting to turn at all, and hit the sidewall basically head-on, you'd be leaned inside the ramp, not outside, and it basically shouldn't be possible to be thrown over the guard rail. I guess it could happen if you went in too hot, panicked and tried to brake, then went into a skid and high-sided over it, but getting past that SR should basically be the first thing that anyone does as a new rider (at least anyone who's smart enough to be reading these forums).

Looking at the street view, it seems to me like the barrier there isn't as high as I'd have expected for a raised fly-over: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pensa...245.99,,0,21.39 Usually those seem to be nearly shoulder-high, and that one seems to be only as high as the bed of the pickup in the street view image.

Also, with a Harley, leaned full over isn't really all that far over. Hitting the wall at that angle could cause the bike to pop upright, tossing her over the wall...?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah, every time they post I feel like I'm in an oldschool RPG.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Growing up there were 3 major traffic circles within 10 miles, and every single one had the major highway with right-of-way straight through the entire circle.

One is now a light, one is now a "normal" circle, where traffic on the circle has right-of-way, one is still crazygonuts.

34 just plows on through, people from Allaire Rd & in the circle itself just have to stop.

It's just as fun as you'd imagine during the summer when flooded with out-of-towners going "down the shore."

• Locked thread